BTC Rate: $71125.27

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

best movie on Poker

which is the best poker movie. i vote Rounders

PokerOwned Veteran
    john malkovich is great in it as the russian

PokerOwned Master
    Hands down it is Rounders but there is all in which is good as well. There is one more that I can't remember the name is though.... oh well.

Seasoned Veteran
    I dunno if it's the best ever poker movie (since I didn't see Rounders...yet), but Maverick with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, and James Garner was pretty decent. I did like the plot though...James Garner needed some money to enter a Winner Take All poker game and things, of course, goes awry all throughout the rest of the movie with a bunch of stealing, conning, fighting, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Veteran
    Im pretty sure there was a movie with woody harrelson. cant think of the name or how to spell woodys last name but it was good movie

PokerOwned God
    I also agree that it has to be rounders. And, it gave you a tip, like, don't eat oreos when playing.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    maverick was pretty good but i still like rounders the best. matt damon, ed norton well pretty much the whole cast and harvey weinstein (the financer of rounders) says that there will likely be a sequel they are working on writing it now from what i hear

jgad115
    Does anyone know the name of the movie, the guy is a holdem player and he ends up playing his father heads up at a final table I think. He has Aces vs the Kings, and he folds knowing he is ahead?

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgad115 View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the movie, the guy is a holdem player and he ends up playing his father heads up at a final table I think. He has Aces vs the Kings, and he folds knowing he is ahead?
    That would be Lucky You. Not really the best poker movie that is for sure. It did not do well in the box office.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I don't really think you could debate that the best movie would be anything other than rounders. There isn't a large field of competitors.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast