Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66623.98

Anybody catch the holdem documentary on HBO

Hi, just wondering if anybody caught that poker documentary. It focused on the guy who invited the pocket cam to view a players whole cards which revolutionized poker. It became possible for non-players to enjoy the experience at home vs just watching a card table until showdowns to view cards. Another interesting segment in the film is the "money maker effect" that happened when Chris Moneymaker ( that is his real last name fyi) won the 2003 world championship after a $40 satellite. Then last but not least captures how online poker ( paradise or party poker being the first ever) is the latest revolution in the game. the documentary ends with a segment on DoJ banning online cards. Wish I could remember the name of the film, If anybody does it is worth watching.

Are you sure it was an HBO documentary? I found a documentary that sounds kind of like what you describe called "Bet Raise Fold". I searched the online list of HBO documentaries and did not find one on poker.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

Elite PokerOwned Member PimpGameNM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike8767 View Post
    Hi, just wondering if anybody caught that poker documentary. It focused on the guy who invited the pocket cam to view a players whole cards which revolutionized poker. It became possible for non-players to enjoy the experience at home vs just watching a card table until showdowns to view cards. Another interesting segment in the film is the "money maker effect" that happened when Chris Moneymaker ( that is his real last name fyi) won the 2003 world championship after a $40 satellite. Then last but not least captures how online poker ( paradise or party poker being the first ever) is the latest revolution in the game. the documentary ends with a segment on DoJ banning online cards. Wish I could remember the name of the film, If anybody does it is worth watching.
    Oh wow Moneymaker is his real name wow where have I been for the last 10 years WTF dude ur on a poker site we know who Chris FUCKING Moneymaker is

Elite PokerOwned Member PimpGameNM's Avatar
    in other news the World is round and President Kennedy has been shot in Dealey Plaza

Here is a funny little fact also. I don't remember the name of the doc. but I did see it and he is also the same guy that created HE-MAN....

You know what, now that I think about it I think it was called All-IN. It has been awhile so don't quote me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by PimpGameNM View Post
    in other news the World is round and President Kennedy has been shot in Dealey Plaza
    OH LOOK AT THIS NOBODY TROLL AWAY WeeEEeEEE~~~~~ HOW CUTE
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dk12 View Post
    OH LOOK AT THIS NOBODY TROLL AWAY WeeEEeEEE~~~~~ HOW CUTE
    I think he's trying to fill the void AZ left behind.

Experienced Member
    Don't have HBO :/

LLB King
    Was a good movie, I believe it was called All In The Poker Movie. There were some dumb mother fuckers on there though.