Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63215.01

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced Member

Felting Opponents

I had the pleasure of felting about 5 opponents in a 6 hour session. I'm a newer player, but I think that has got to be one of the best feelings!

I shouldn't pat myself on the back too much because after 6 hours of play I only ended up a positive by minimal amount after being stuck for a large portion of my session 4 tabling at Bovada.

But anyway I think I can get used to that feeling.

That's interesting. I hate felting people, but I recognize it's part of the game. I feel bad tho. I'm too soft. haha

Experienced Member
    Yeah I hear you, its never feels good to get felted. I was stuck in the session for a while that is because I got felted myself so it was nice to earn back that lost money.

So now that you got me thinking about felting people and when I enjoy it is when they are the aggressor and you are smooth calling and then they make another large bet and you got the nuts so I like to re-raise and get all the chips in.

So maybe you could give me your opinion of the play I got felted on. I am in the high jack the KA suited. I 3x it folds around to the BB and he shoves. He had me covered. I called, he showed pocket tens. My cards didn't come and I was felted.

Do you think in the long run that was a profitable play?
    Last edited by imnophd; 06-03-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imnophd View Post
    Yeah I hear you, its never feels good to get felted. I was stuck in the session for a while that is because I got felted myself so it was nice to earn back that lost money.

So now that you got me thinking about felting people and when I enjoy it is when they are the aggressor and you are smooth calling and then they make another large bet and you got the nuts so I like to re-raise and get all the chips in.

So maybe you could give me your opinion of the play I got felted on. I am in the high jack the KA suited. I 3x it folds around to the BB and he shoves. He had me covered. I called, he showed pocket tens. My cards didn't come and I was felted.

Do you think in the long run that was a profitable play?
    Yeah, you can't really go wrong with AK because a you dominate AQ, AJ, KQs, or whatever else your opponent might be shoving and are just flipping (well 47-49%) with all pairs through QQ. Plus you have the money already in the pot to make even the 47-49% hands worth the risk.

If they have KK or AA also, they'd likely not just shove so they don't scare you away.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Sweet...felting six in so short a time is very good...

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by snklzona View Post
    Sweet...felting six in so short a time is very good...
    I know the only time I can think of people going down that quickly is in a tourney when blinds are raising or I guess in micro stakes.

Experienced Member
    yup it was the micros

PokerOwned God
    Felting opponents usually feels good. It only sucks if they seem nice, but if they're jerks that are always typing slurs and crap, it's like therapy watching them get felted.

I had the pleasure of felting about 5 opponents in a 6 hour session. I'm a newer player, but I think that has got to be one of the best feelings!

I shouldn't pat myself on the back too much because after 6 hours of play I only ended up a positive by minimal amount after being stuck for a large portion of my session 4 tabling at Bovada.

I had my best session yet over at BCP earlier (I'm only playing poker a few weeks now) and I must have felted three or four in a couple of hours, myself.

You know what? It just feels good to have some clue as to what I'm doing now and not be the one getting felted and thinking it was due to "bad luck".

I started at $50 on BCP. Went down to $34 before I realized that I just didn't have any idea what I was doing and I wasn't going to be able to just steamroll the micros without studying. I took a few days and did nothing but play WPT tournaments, study forums, and watch videos. Tonight, I bumped my bankroll back up to over $43. Looking to start really hitting the sit and go's hard when I get my bankroll a little higher.

PokerOwned Pro

Sounds like you have an ego problem, like when you felt someone you feel like you own them or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast