Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64902.12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst run of variance I've ever gone through

I've gone from like $800 from freerolls on Carbon back down to almost nothing over a couple months.
    I've lost all my PO points slowly.

Nothing I'm doing is working. I can't remember the last time I've won a flip. Trip kings against pocket 9's ran into runner runner 99 turn and river for quad nines today, AQ on a AQ3 board got the money in and my opponent's J/3 off wastes no time hitting a 3 on the turn yesterday. I'm not a believer in online poker being rigged, but I am getting unlucky and I don't know how to cope with it.

And likely, all this is probably making me play worse. Advice?

PokerOwned Veteran
    Take a break. Stop playing for a short while and come back with a fresh mind. When you're in a rut it's sometimes nice to just walk away and return to it later.

PokerOwned God
    its what i did after i cashed out. i stopped playing on merge. lol

i am just pissed off at this point.

PokerOwned God
    Maybe take a few days off. Listen to music and do other things then come back and try.

PokerOwned Master
    first, bankroll management, then you can play

Quote Originally Posted by Infector101 View Post
    Take a break. Stop playing for a short while and come back with a fresh mind. When you're in a rut it's sometimes nice to just walk away and return to it later.
    This guy has it right....maybe read a couple of poker books..it could give you fresh insight

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    I've gone from like $800 from freerolls on Carbon back down to almost nothing over a couple months.

Nothing I'm doing is working. I can't remember the last time I've won a flip. Trip kings against pocket 9's ran into runner runner 99 turn and river for quad nines today, AQ on a AQ3 board got the money in and my opponent's J/3 off wastes no time hitting a 3 on the turn yesterday. I'm not a believer in online poker being rigged, but I am getting unlucky and I don't know how to cope with it.

I play extremely well when I want to - and yet I get the downswing - nothing you can do about it other then recognize it and drop waaayyy down in level/buy-in and "EARN" your way back to playing normal stakes. For example: If you have $800 and you drop down to $300 - you have to play .11 cent bumblebees for a while (Turbo SNG) till you can beat that game. I am amazed that even though I play real well - like you said - your AA, KKK, AAAKK gets beat like 9 x in a row. Posted here about a $33 token satty tourney that I lost 9x all-in a row qwith KK QQ AK AK KK etc to lesser cards and rebought. That drained my Micro BR a ton. Sometimes its the cards - not you or your play - just have to drop way down and ultra-respect your bank roll.

I cash out at $215 back down to like $15 then build it back up - recently I was up to $128 and BAM lost every freakin hand even on .!! bumble bees down to $17 - but Now I'm back up to $65 by playing waaay below my normal buy-ins - no more multiple rebuys till I'm over $100.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post

Yea here is some good advice.
    A. STOP PLAYING ON MERGE NETWORK SKINS PERIOD.
    B. Stay the f away from sites that use the " fairness technology " bs. ( merge and now juicy stakes network has implemented it and i hear its becoming merge ) But i dont know i won all the time on juicy/lock and have been playing live so dunno if the juicy stakes one is accurate.
    C. MOVE TO CANADA so you can play any site lol.. JK but just wait till Pokerstars and 888 poker are in nevada and are sharing player pools with your state. how ever long that bs takes.

look i never said it before but i do all the time now. F++K merge sites that shit is so rigged it makes me sick.
    Last edited by Bonghead; 04-18-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dimebags7 View Post
    its what i did after i cashed out. i stopped playing on merge. lol
    Now there is some good advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast