Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63665.02

PokerOwned Veteran

Why do you always get the card you need just when I get a big hand?

For example...if I make 2 pair, that card that gave me two pair on the turn is also the card that gave you the straight. I can sort of tell you caught your hand when I bet my two pair and then you go all in, but the trouble is, if I never call you when you do that, then you see what a wuss I am, always folding to your raises and you pummel me with punishing blows to the head and shoulders from that point on for the remainder of the time I'm sitting at your table.

I know it's just me that suffers this form of punishment rather than all of us and the reason I can tell it's just me that's being persecuted is because when I am observing 2 of you in a hand against each other, and I see the same type of scary card presenting itself on the turn and one of you bets, and the other of you goes all in and the first of you calls, NEITHER ONE OF YOU EVEN HAS 2 PAIR!!!! One of you has top pair-weak kicker and the other of you was bluffing wildly with nothing but air, no draw, no pair, no nothing, or maybe just bottom pair. Sometimes it's even the caller rather than the shover that has nothing.

So, to repeat the question...WHY do you always get the card you need when I get a big hand? Why?

If you are playing on a Merge skin then I have a few ideas why this keeps happening. People can continue to make light and joke about my opinion on Merge but I will bet that I end up having the last laugh about that site!!! Mark my words!!! Mark.....my.....words..... I have a very special skill set and my red flags have been going off about that site for a long time! I guess we will all find out together in time

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StackSnack View Post
    If you are playing on a Merge skin then I have a few ideas why this keeps happening. People can continue to make light and joke about my opinion on Merge but I will bet that I end up having the last laugh about that site!!! Mark my words!!! Mark.....my.....words..... I have a very special skill set and my red flags have been going off about that site for a long time! I guess we will all find out together in time
    Please go on. What special skill set do you have? Are you making money with it on Merge? Or do you mean that your special skill set is in detecting when something is wrong with a site?

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by zingbust View Post
    Please go on. What special skill set do you have? Are you making money with it on Merge? Or do you mean that your special skill set is in detecting when something is wrong with a site?
    if he is saying its rigged he is just another with paranoid issues and probably not a good player - there is no reason for a site to make bad hands win, or to make good hands win to bad outdraws - first off if you know anything about gaming and statistics you will know this is virtually impossible to do - how does the system even know the J5 offsuit is going to call in the first place -

and dont even get me started with people with programs that can show you what the flop cards will be - that IS impossible to do (without an inside person)

now on the flip side there is cheating - lets not forget what happened with ultimate bet - but thats a whole different story - and those types of cheaters tend to hang out in the high level play areas - also collusion is rampant everywhere, you would be a fool to not think so - but these things are not limited to merge - they can exist anywhere

PokerOwned Pro
    and as for the original poster - dont get down on it - these things happen - it just seems like more often than not because you dont remember the times when it didnt happen - remember from Rounders -" In "Confessions of a Winning Poker Player," Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." It seems true to me, cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking of how I lost it. "

dont let it get you down just kick it aside and play on my friend

This is all part of the game. It only seems that these sites are rigged. If you going to feel that way about playing on line then you should play live games then you only have yourself to blame if you don't play right.

You dont always get the card you need. This is the name of the game, poker. it's a strategy game and you need to be very observant. If you catch a straight on the river sometimes you have to lay it down to flush draws that got there on the turn, Poker is about making those really tough decisions and being able to put your opponents on hands and make the correct decision based on what you think your opponent has. Ask anyone who plays live poker, it's just about the same bad beats and "setup hands". The really good players can get away from 2nd best hands sometimes without a major hit to their stack. So, next time you get the card you need and you know there's a really good chance you are beat, just piece the pieces of the puzzle together better and make a fold.

about sites being rigged: The major poker sites have every reason in the world to make sure that its NOT rigged. There are many players who statistically analyze all the hands they play in (this is how UB got caught) - if the deal was rigged even a tiny bit to let more crap hands win, these results would be all over the internet and the site would lose practically all traffic (and revenue). What you are experiencing is a bad luck streak. I've gone through streaks like yours and it sucks, but if your BR is being managed correctly and you have good playing habits, then you'll eventually come out on top.