Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70663.81

PokerOwned God

How not to run hot in a $33 Rebuy ($1) rebuy-Caught in the Vortex

This was for a $33 satty coupn trny with 8 sattys and a couple $11 sattys by end of add-on period...

Ever play these cheap buy-in high value satty ticket tourneys where everyone's donking so hard it seems ez? The Vortex sucked me in. Spent $15 and nothing... heres how...
    KK all in lose...
    QQ all in lose...
    AK over Aj in blinds...lose
    ..OK I did this 9x with like 6 dbl buy ins...lost them all with premiums.

I make it to the Add-on - second session and Very fkng first hand in the non donk part of this tourney and donk in SB shoves all in on me - I have 10 10 and the pot is $60k... He shows what I thought: 77.
    Great right? My luck has to change - how cruel would it be for first hand after adding on $20k to lose... FLop was great, Turn even better. Then a strange thing happened. I saw Red. A red $0 and 4 red letters. LOSE. River was a 7.

That my friends was the worst tourney I had ever played in on Absolute, Full Tilt, Poker Stars, Juicy, CAKE, HOGWILD.

I got sucked into the MErge Vortex thinking my luck would change and blew more cash than I had in a year on one tourney (I play micro). I win that last hand with 10 10 over 77 and I win a $11 satty at least (that's the ragey part).

Shet happens I know. But this was the definition of redonkulous. I'm not sure what the odds are of losing 9x with premiums/ahead pf (and no one at least folding to me). I think one guy said he saw 58 sets that day on flop for winners (half joking) - then we saw 3 in a row.
    Last edited by LaserCats; 04-05-2013 at 09:59 AM.

i spend no more than 3-4 on 33 satty by late regging at last min, and timing out every hand til add on. i think 33 satty game, may not be worth it, with stupid stupid stupid structure it has
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I think when you play above you're bankroll, this stuff happens and it hurts a lot more. You might play great poker, but when you're playing in some donk poker you will run bad at time. Just continue to play small and it'll be better for you in the long run. I personally hate playing the satellites, even if you win a ticket doesnt mean you'll win in the actual tournament.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwrungood View Post
    I think when you play above you're bankroll, this stuff happens and it hurts a lot more. You might play great poker, but when you're playing in some donk poker you will run bad at time. Just continue to play small and it'll be better for you in the long run. I personally hate playing the satellites, even if you win a ticket doesnt mean you'll win in the actual tournament.
    Absolutely - I hate them too but had a gd run in SNG and had extra money laying around - and - there weren't any good small buy in tourneys starting so figured wtf - played n another one yesterday and made it to like 14th... AK lost to some bull shet. I win that hand I get atleast $11 satty on only $3 worth of buy in - so my luck definitely turned around - ave spend now $9 per $33 satty - lil better but prolly wont play these any more.

yea, the 33 rebuy satty is a terrible structure that needs to die
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)