Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64104.26

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

When is the best moment to have a break?

Most of us already done it again and again. During the downswing sessions we tend to brings to table the 'rest' of our bankrolls. The disaster comes often too quickly. So how to stop it, it is bankroll management we need to keep in mind ? Mostly the feel and taste the game is much more for all kind of players than keeping some bankroll for future sessions ...

I'm looking forwards for your opinion.

If your Bankroll is low(under $10) then i dont see there being much BRM unless playing .02 .04 only buyin with 2 and if you lose dont chase your losses get up take a break and play a couple of double or nothing sng's to possibly recoup that session. Since merge doesnt offer much lower then $1 DONS well except for the 300 chip bumble bees or pocket change turnys. BRM should always try and be forefront and DONT CHASE LOSSES!! unless its $5 or less never sit with your whole roll at any game.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned God
    True dat, play free rolls and earn your way back to playing higher stakes. Pro told me if you want to play .25 cash games you need atleast $800. If You got less than $100 - play .11 SNG's, .10 1RB,1Add, and maybe $1 double ups if your patient enough. Play more PO tourneys.

it depends on the range of your game... can you adjust for the unconventional play often found with low stakes playin' newbies?

PokerOwned Master
    YES, all of you are true. The stake you play is very important. I never play bigger than true micro stakes (1/2c). Sometimes I'm tilt and play more than it is 'clever'. Sit&Go are very good way to practice and boost bankroll (if you are patient player). I agree.

PokerOwned Master
    So all new players need to practice. The more they play the more they learn. The important part is to play smart (no bingo players). Try to learn from mistakes. Keep bankroll not suffer from tilts, downswings etc. My advice is to have a break after each session (at least 30 minutes). Never mind if the session is success or not the important is to have a break and do also the 'common' things like shopping, eating

PokerOwned God
    I dont always go on tilt - almost never - but I do get bored. When I get bored I start playing more hands - ones I shouldnt be playing and right after I lose the hand I recognize it - "I should have never bluffed in that spot". So taking breaks is always good.

PokerOwned Master
    YES, but we are not always bluffing Sometimes the opponent have better hand, so we should pay for that reason it is all about doing 'correct' decisions ...

PokerOwned Demi-God
    When you are starting to tilt and feel like you are losing an edge, you need to stop. I dont think it has to do with your bankroll. You should always be using bankroll management and playing games you can afford.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i take a break when i'm tilt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast