Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

PokerOwned Pro

My favorite way to win

Similar to yesterday's post, "My favorite way to lose," except this time, after a long FT battle, we finally butt heads with two normally-worthless hands. Like yesterday, I induced a game-ending bluff from my opponent; like yesterday, we get all the chips in with me dominating; like yesterday, the turn actually helps my opponent; unlike yesterday, I did not lose to a 2-outer. The only downside is that yesterday was a $10, this one was a $5.

RowJimmy Posts Ante 700.00
    whoopsjustgotthere Posts Ante 700.00
    RowJimmy Posts SB 3500.00
    whoopsjustgotthere Posts BB 7000.00
    RowJimmy Raised to 15750.00
    whoopsjustgotthere Calls 8750.00

Flop: Q♦T♥5♣
    whoopsjustgotthere Checks
    RowJimmy Bets 26475.00
    whoopsjustgotthere All In 122980.00
    RowJimmy Calls 96505.00
    RowJimmy Shows 5♦,T♠
    whoopsjustgotthere Shows 4♦,T♦
    Turn: 4♣
    River: J♣
    whoopsjustgotthere Out
    RowJimmy Won 278860.00 from Pot 1 with Two Pair Tens and Fives, wins $256.70, and immediately goes outside to hug a hobo.

Yesterday, I was angry to only win $200. Today, I'm happy to win $250. Some solid players at this FT, and a couple fish.

7 Win - Carbon Deep.jpg

PokerOwned Pro
    I guess check-raising all in when you are behind 10-1 in chips with second pair, 4-kicker isn't exactly a bluff.

Real donk move to shove on such a flop with pair of TT and 4 as kicker lol It seems his stack was big enough,too so I don't really get his play. Anyway congrats on the money!

BTW, what game did you play? Was it MTT? What was the buy-in?
    Last edited by helps; 11-25-2013 at 09:14 AM.

This is heads-up, right? His move is NOT unreasonable - this is the same kind of faulty logic you applied yesterday. Any pair is pretty solid in heads-up. After your post-flop bet, his only real option is to fold or go all-in. You bet 25% of his stack, he's got a good pair in heads-up play. If he just calls, he's facing another bet on the turn, which he will probably have to call, which basically means he's pot committed. Like chess, thinking 2 or 3 plays out, the only logical choice is fold and fight later or go all-in.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by helps View Post
    Real donk move to shove on such a flop with pair of TT and 4 as kicker lol It seems his stack was big enough,too so I don't really get his play. Anyway congrats on the money!

BTW, what game did you play? Was it MTT? What was the buy-in?
    To be fair, we had been battling. I can be fairly relentless when we get down to four or less, so I am pummeling with a raise on almost every hand, c-betting very consistently, re-raising, etc. When we got to heads-up, I had almost a million chips to his 125k, so he was going to need to make something happen very quickly. He's a good player (not the best at the FT, however), but flatting me there with T4 just shows how fed up he had gotten. It's one thing to raise my T5o (I like to say, "but it makes SO many straights, and SO many flushes, lol), but another altogether to flat with a hand like that. He raises pre-flop, he wins most times and the hand is over. He folds, and I win one (more) blind and the hand is over. But he turns it into like a trap, and gets caught when the flop hits me over the head.

This was a $5 buy-in (but I re-entered several times), $750k Guarantee, with deep stacks (started @ 5k, 15-min blind levels), MTT.

The true stallions at the table (besides me, of course) were R0ckstarR0ssi and AAAAALLIN...both sharks of the most-dangerous kind. AAAAALLIN has over $120k in profit across 15k games on Merge, with a 38% ROI and an ABI at $21. He played uber-tight and hyper-aggressive, but he was short-stacked for almost the duration of the final table. R0ckstarR0ssi attended the same online poker camp that I did (altho not at the same time), and we both played backed by big money before Black Friday. He is much, much looser, almost impossible to read, and unpredictable yet solid. We have similar styles, but I'm not sure he recognized me right away, which gave me an advantage, and therefore a massive chip lead, before he could react.

At one point I was at $500k with 4-5 others at around $125k, but I doubled a couple players and had to beat them back down without relent. This final play wasn't really significant, nor donkish given the way the table played, just funny that we played for almost 7 hours only to get it all-in with T5 vs T4. I suppose that's why/how Doyle won b2b WSOP's with T2o, lol.
    Last edited by TheHaversham; 11-25-2013 at 09:51 AM.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    This is heads-up, right? His move is NOT unreasonable - this is the same kind of faulty logic you applied yesterday. Any pair is pretty solid in heads-up. After your post-flop bet, his only real option is to fold or go all-in. You bet 25% of his stack, he's got a good pair in heads-up play. If he just calls, he's facing another bet on the turn, which he will probably have to call, which basically means he's pot committed. Like chess, thinking 2 or 3 plays out, the only logical choice is fold and fight later or go all-in.
    My "logic" is faulty? At what point did I apply ANY logic to the hand? My first thread was just a steam-release about losing from a dominated position, and this was 24 hours later and I won from a dominated position. In neither case did I claim my opponent mis-played or played poorly. I appreciate you trying to "learn me," but that really isn't what I seek here.

Oh if it was head-up I guess I can understand his move being short stack..... I guess ok play on both parts. Surely wouldn't fold two pair to short stack's all in and it also makes sense to raise pre with all kinds of hands. Well played then