Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66766.26

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Veteran
    No math guru here, but it's ridiculous how many good starting hands get dealt in a 9 hand ring game. Go play micro limit where everyone calls to the river and you can see a bunch of starting hands. record a bunch and then sit with an actual deck of cards and deal. Shuffle if you want or just wash the cards and pick them up and deal. You won't find any similarities...

I'll be the first to admit that this is largely gut feeling, but I've played a lot of merge back when Lock was still there and on Carbon. Maybe it's limited to the micros... Maybe it's my perspective...

Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar
    Dude I was playing MTTs where 3 to 4 players seeing a flop is normal.

LLB King
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilZelkin View Post
    Yesterday I played about 200 hands on Carbon and happened to see a royal flush. Ok. That is cool. But...

Today I played in Carbon's weekly Maximus ME Free roll where the top 5 finishers receive a coupon to the Maximus Main Event ($215). Three hands into the thing someone at my table hit a runner, runner, runner royal flush. Approximately 50 hands later, while seated at the exact same table another person hit a runner, runner royal flush.

So I have three thoughts on the matter:

1) If I used conventional poker math* I just witnessed almost 800,000 hands worth of Royal Flushes in a matter of less than 24 hours and of course I did just that, witness, instead of receive the holy grail hand of every single poker player. So I can expect to see another around the time the Cubs are competitive again ie; 2016.

*conventional poker math and poker on the Merge Network is an oxymoron in the highest sense.

2) What does playing poker on Carbon have in common with the Boston Marathon Bombers??

They can both be counted on to hit a couple of runners causing another serious pain....

3) The Merge Network's Random Number Generator needs a look under the hood because it is seriously fucked up. I realize part of the pussification of the world is making everyone happy by artificially building up our self-esteem with trophies for everyone, no winners or losers lest a child feel bad because they suck at something. But Merge must not have gotten the memo that this Bullshit does not extend to the game of poker. A game based solely on winning and losing. So stop handing out Royal Flushes like they are on sale Wal-Mart and rewarding shitty players with a miracle river every other time some idiot puts his money in bad and deserves to lose.

just a few thoughts?
    Merge.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    freerolls tend to be outrageous with premium hands. Sure does give the impression that those hands are just as possible at the cash games... wink wink. LoL

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prime14k View Post
    freerolls tend to be outrageous with premium hands. Sure does give the impression that those hands are just as possible at the cash games... wink wink. LoL
    ive only had 4 royals in my life and i've played 12+ years 10 years of those live and never had a royal live

PokerOwned Veteran
    Ive had at least 5 royals in my life. Been playing for about 8 years now. Seeing them that close together makes ya wonder though.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I see weird bad beats happen all the time on Carbon. I'm scared to death whenever I have anything that looks pat before the turn and river. It's almost like playing Omaha on there sometimes. Seems the more valuable the tourney, the more unusual it gets. I've witnessed quads beat by straight flushes 3 times in a $10 bounty tourney. Glad I had folded all three times. But, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    wow good stuff had maybe one in my merge life good deal and good luck

Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipItSA1 View Post
    wow good stuff had maybe one in my merge life good deal and good luck
    The more I think about what I saw the more FUCKED UP it really seems. It is probably how someone who witnessed a UFO on a deserted highway must feel a few days later...

ATTENTION U.S. GOVERNMENT---- We need you to get off your ass and legalize online poker already so that someone can regulate this and stop the madness... Then Merge can go back under the rock it crawled out of and be gone forever.

Example #4529 on why Merge sucks---Played in two PO freerolls on Merge yesterday. Here is how I was sent to the rail.

Tourney #1 --- Three hands in I get dealt AA on the button. I three-bet to 300 and get raised all in. I call. AA vs. KK. I am in good shape right??? Wrong... A king hits on the turn and I am gone.

Tourney #2 --- Five hands in I get dealt KK on the button. I three-bet to 250 and get a call and then the action gets to JohnBrownsDream and he pushes all-in. I knew he did not have aces cause he lacked early conviction. So I call as does the other guy.
    6000 chips in the pot and it is my kings vs. JJ from JohnBrownsDream and 77 for the donk who decided to come along for the ride.
    Ten seconds later A jack hits on the turn and I am gone.

FUN STUFF...

PokerOwned Veteran
    i have played around 50k hands or more, and never got royal flush, my best was straight flush to J, really incredible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12