Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70102.83

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced Member

For those who say I was playing terrible today...

$40 PokerOwned Free Roll: 9th place.
    $45 PokerOwned Free Roll: 5th place.

Back to back ITM today.

Sure, I chased a couple hands when blinds were low, but It appears I played a pretty solid late game by the looks of my hand history.

Unless those at the final table disagree?

Btw - Thanks PokerOwned.. These tourneys are helping my grind.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    someone always has to tell ya your a bad player, especially if you catch their donk asses, lmao
    JUST PLAYIN FOR FUN

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    I actually played terribly today. You can call me on it.
    Got a fast GPU? Crunch Bitcoin calculations for PayPal $$$. See my profile for link!

I play like a brainless egghead..........

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Experienced Member
    Ill be the first one to say when I make donk calls that were stupid. What sent me out was calling an all in on the final table:

me: KK
    Other: 9s 10s

Flop: 9 9 Q.

Me: Bet 3k

Other Shoves.

I call.

This was a donk call by me, but most of both of the tourneys I was reading better than I have in awhile. Was proud of myself for not calling in BB with KJ after 3bet and 4bet

I know variance is going to get me after today and I will either flip my stack away or I will make a dumb call for my stack in another tourney, but I am proud that I managed to do better 2x today than I have in any of the FRs

Seasoned Veteran
    Results = good play??? Just wondering if that makes sense............................................. ........................................

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper99 View Post
    Results = good play??? Just wondering if that makes sense............................................. ........................................
    It makes sense that you are questioning the assumption. I feel that only long term results are an indicator of good play. I know for a fact on the tournaments that I have won I made a bunch of stupid plays. I just happened to make them at the right time.

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper99 View Post

The 3 bad plays I made were:
    Chasing a flush with terrible odds = loss of half of stack
    Chasing a straight against opponents made hand, hitting trips to lose half (after building back up)
    Then KOed by a donk call on final table.

In essence, my reads were at their optimal level in both tournaments, I knew the times I was completely beat, knew when I was marginally favored, and was able to swiftly adapt to each of my transfers based on whether the table was super tight or super aggressive. - Some hands I played were terrible, but in these tournaments, I played much better than I have in any tournament since I started playing poker ~2 years ago.

I can understand why you are asking why I say my results were good play, but I can assure you, the field was not exactly full of donks.

~ The other hand: I know what variance is, I know that many people can argue I just had a string of good "luck" or good variance. However, Looking at my hand histories from previous tournaments in comparison to these, I played a much more solid game.

I didn't take any devastating risks, as I have in the past, and didn't get tilted like I would have in many similar situations. Ill just say, that the biggest accomplishment I had here was the experience I gained and valuable information I learned by observing my opponents. Does my accomplishment make more sense now?
    Last edited by TheBl4ckC4t; 05-27-2013 at 05:22 AM.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    any cash is a good cash!! and even donkeys cash!! not saying u are a donkey, cause i wasnt there!! just a thought tho!! if the donkeys didnt cash, they would stop playing!!!

im failing to see why we should care, the fact u are defending yourself by making this post tells me u know u played like a fuckhead either early on or later in the game, so long as u cashed its ok i guess but instead of trying to puff ure chest out just i dunno play better next game :|
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast