Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBl4ckC4t View Post
    $40 PokerOwned Free Roll: 9th place.
    $45 PokerOwned Free Roll: 5th place.

Back to back ITM today.

Sure, I chased a couple hands when blinds were low, but It appears I played a pretty solid late game by the looks of my hand history.

Unless those at the final table disagree?

Btw - Thanks PokerOwned.. These tourneys are helping my grind.
    call me in 2 years well see if ur gd or bad.

The good players never need to advertise, they just win
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

PokerOwned Master
    good job man how much did you get like 12 dollars

PokerOwned Master
    were the tournaments both last night??

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdog1797 View Post
    were the tournaments both last night??
    Yes.

But -- side note: I guess this thread was a mistake to make: Mods feel free to lock it.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Most people play like idiots on freerolls!!!

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBl4ckC4t View Post
    $40 PokerOwned Free Roll: 9th place.
    $45 PokerOwned Free Roll: 5th place.

Back to back ITM today.

Sure, I chased a couple hands when blinds were low, but It appears I played a pretty solid late game by the looks of my hand history.

Unless those at the final table disagree?

Btw - Thanks PokerOwned.. These tourneys are helping my grind.

A little results orientated are we?

I guess timing is eveything cause just look at how the pros play. Most play like complete retards(like dwan and hanson) but somehow seem to catch there miracle cards at opportune times. Poker has changed alot since i started playing and it seems that no longer can good play win in any game. Solid play has been replaced by pure gambles with bad odds but to listen to those doing it, they think there odds are actually worth the gamble!!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    I guess timing is eveything cause just look at how the pros play. Most play like complete retards(like dwan and hanson) but somehow seem to catch there miracle cards at opportune times. Poker has changed alot since i started playing and it seems that no longer can good play win in any game. Solid play has been replaced by pure gambles with bad odds but to listen to those doing it, they think there odds are actually worth the gamble!!
    I do understand what you are saying and this probably involves a whole forum section by itself. I have been using holdem manager and my stats when I first started using it where super nit tight. However, everything I have been reading and seeing has shown me that the game has left me behind. So I have been expanding my game and changing my ranges. I don't doubt that in the last week or two I have administered a bunch of bad beats on people because of these changes. Personally it goes against my grain to play this way but I am experimenting.

The more I have been reading the more I think there is skill to the way these hyper aggressive gamblers play. However, I truly think that myself and probably most of your average free roll players do not have the skill to implement that style. So instead you see suck outs and wild swings in chip stacks.

It is very hard for me to not get stuck in my ways, but I truly believe to be competitive I need to have at least a solid idea on the fundamentals of these other players styles.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    when you catch the cards at on the river, you're a poker genius. when you don't then you're just a donkey lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast