Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    sorry lorenzowns and heaverwhatever. I lost my cool there and kept shoving at you two. It was very undisciplined of me. Again I apologize.
    yeah that was out of line i dont want to see that ever again ty 4 the apology man i was really down today reading your replies

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    More suckouts. Highlight of the day was QQ vs 33 all in pre. Fucker flops a set.

I'm done posting, I'm done caring, I'm done feeling.

I ran badly before, and it made me rage so much I quit. Not this time, I don't care if I run badly for my whole life, I'm not quitting.

THREAD LOCKED
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

More suckouts. Highlight of the day was QQ vs 33 all in pre. Fucker flops a set.

I ran badly before, and it made me rage so much I quit. Not this time, I don't care if I run badly for my whole life, I'm not quitting.

THREAD LOCKED
    You're not running bad, its just merge finding a way to make you broke by rigging the board. Try playing live, maybe you'll feel a little better.

PokerOwned Pro

THREAD LOCKED
    Just throwin this out there, but maybe slow down a bit and try not to get all your chips in pre-flop. Yes, you may have an edge, but an edge is not a lock. AA loses to a random hand a significant % of the time. You've talked many times about pot control, but playing huge pots preflop with QQ is simply dangerous. There's a time to push the edges, and a time to just focus on not getting busted. You've been getting busted a lot, why not wait till the river to decide if you're going to fall in love with your cards?

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHaversham View Post
    Just throwin this out there, but maybe slow down a bit and try not to get all your chips in pre-flop. Yes, you may have an edge, but an edge is not a lock. AA loses to a random hand a significant % of the time. You've talked many times about pot control, but playing huge pots preflop with QQ is simply dangerous. There's a time to push the edges, and a time to just focus on not getting busted. You've been getting busted a lot, why not wait till the river to decide if you're going to fall in love with your cards?
    Now that I think about it more carefully I realize it went down differently than I stated. I was careless when I posted.

There was a raise from late position so I 3 bet. I get two callers. I move all in on the flop to low cards and the shorstack (33) calls and a medium stack (99) calls. I actually won 200 chips with this hand thanks to 99 getting it all in, but somehow 33 doubles up and the 99 are crippled. 99 and I had a good laugh about it how the worst hand always wins on merge.

but yes I see your point, I don't like taking unnecessary risks either. I'm actually playing some fixed limit cash games, which is very new to me. The variance seems very low which makes me very happy because 20 dollars can dissapear so quickly playing NL and tournaments. I just wish I was better at laying down top pair on the river lol to a reraise.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

PokerOwned Pro
    Now that I think about it more carefully I realize it went down differently than I stated. I was careless when I posted.

There was a raise from late position so I 3 bet. I get two callers. I move all in on the flop to low cards and the shorstack (33) calls and a medium stack (99) calls. I actually won 200 chips with this hand thanks to 99 getting it all in, but somehow 33 doubles up and the 99 are crippled. 99 and I had a good laugh about it how the worst hand always wins on merge.

but yes I see your point, I don't like taking unnecessary risks either. I'm actually playing some fixed limit cash games, which is very new to me. The variance seems very low which makes me very happy because 20 dollars can dissapear so quickly playing NL and tournaments. I just wish I was better at laying down top pair on the river lol to a reraise.
    I feel your pain. A good thing to remember is to always bet or raise with a plan. I see a lot of players who'll bet a flop or raise a bettor, but then when they get re-raised or called they don't always re-assess the situation. It's like it never dawned on them that they might get played back at. In the QQ vs 33 case, it's just a cooler, you're probably never folding (likewise with the poor 99), but some questions to consider BEFORE betting/raising:

First off, always look left first (not so much online, obv, lol, but checking stack sizes is still key). Is there a player fiddling with chips, indicating an urge to get in the pot or continue in the hand? Is there a stack that is so short that they are likely to feel committed? If there is a short-stack, what kinds of hands could they have limped with, raise-called, flatted 3 cold, etc?

Then, ask yourself, if I bet/raise, do I want a call? What if they raise? Can I get off my hand if they have me out-chipped? Do I want to have to call a short-stack if he shoves over me? Then size your bet appropriately. If you're worried about getting raised, keep the pot size manageable according to flop texture. Short stacks are likely to shove if they hit ANY part of the flop, or have ANY kind of draw. Well, if you know that, then just check to them. If they shove, you get to decide your move without the burden of "having to call" because you'd already put a pile in.

How would I play this hand if I know this player NEVER folds? (Like you're probably experiencing right now in Limit Holdem, lol, or as some call it, no-foldem holdem). How would I play this hand if I know this player ALWAYS raises? The reality is usually somewhere in the middle, so history, stack sizes, card strength will aid the decision, but the worst is to be surprised by a raise or a call. If you have an expectation already, it's not quite so soul-crushing when it actually happens.

I'm always seeing players raise on the button into a short-stack in the blinds, then when the shortie re-ships they act like they are torn with some difficult decision. Had they simply pondered that option before raising, their reaction should be automatic at that point.
    Last edited by TheHaversham; 11-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea suck outs suck, but they are part of the game

PokerOwned Pro
    Whoops...lost my train of thought there.

My point was going to be, in a situation where you have QQ, 2 callers, and an all-low board, what hands do you think would call your flop shove? What hand do they put YOU on? Does your bet seem desperate, trappy, or value-ish? Of course pairs over the board and under yours are in a bind, but you're never getting a set to fold, rarely getting combo draws to fold, same with hands like flush draw with a pair, etc. If you can narrow Villain's range to actually include hands that like the flop, maybe you save the big bets til the turn or river.

So when you jam there, you're taking the pot down a high % of the time, but the times you DO get called, you're rarely far ahead. Even if they simply have top pair, we've only seen 60% of the final board. And I don't have to tell you that you lose more tourneys when you are holding big hands that you can't escape than when you are holding marginal hands that keep improving throughout the hand.

PokerOwned Pro
    And of course, if your table is soft or you are running them over, there's really no need to get crazy on any one hand. It's okay to get bluffed on occasion, then go right back to running them over.

It's the old Sklansky analogy, where you are betting on a coin toss. If someone offered you 3 to 1 on a 50/50, you'd want to take it. BUT, what if they told you that tomorrow they'll offer you 10 to 1, and you only have the one coin? You'd easily pass on the 3 to 1 today to take the shot at the 10 to 1 tomorrow.

Seasoned Veteran
    Story of my Po Freeroll life

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567