Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64933.4

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

stupid chic ends my tourney...

Playing $55 buy in live tournament 10k +5k add on tonight small tournament down to about 3 tables left, dealt pocket 7's blinds are 400/800 with 100 ante i'm sitting on a little over 15k chips. I call 800 folded around to sb who raises it to 2200 bb calls and its up to me, after bit of thinking I decide to call. Flop comes 6 8 9 rainbow, sb checks bb opens for 6k....I push all in over her for my remaining chips. SB folds, chic in BB thinks for about a minute and decides to call off all of her chips with....wait for it.... KK, AA, trips?? nope... Q J os.... Turn comes a 10 she hits the nut str8 and doubles up leaving me with about 2.5k in chips.... The entire table sits there stunned out of their mind that this retarded donk just called an all in for her tournament life with qj os on a gutshot str8 and hit it... almost felt a little deja vu from my online days lol. Thankfully I always bring an extra hundred for some $1-$2 NL and made back my buyin for the tourney + $100 and walked out with around $258.

fun stuff, i have seen worse...lol....how bout this one....live tourney..similar to what you were in...$75 buyin all the bells and whistles....AA which i always play overly aggro....I shove all in...blinds are small yet...50-100...late pos...small blind asks me if i have them and I say
    yeah.....moments later he calls it all with AK off....after the flop he is bout to walk out with seemingly his only out being a 3 for a chop as our aces would make a wheel...well on the turn something happened that didnt really even seem a threat but it brings a flush draw to spades which he has a k of and I have none...rive comes you know it....the 4th spade...I go bye bye...I have more stories but this one is good
    "Best way to win a tournament is act like you know what your doing......FOLD that garbage"

PokerOwned Veteran
    Dare I say it?

she thought she had ten outs.

Quote Originally Posted by dudex22 View Post
    Dare I say it?

she thought she had ten outs.
    LMAO this ^^^^^ lol hahaha
    High as Heaven, Eyes low as Hell

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropwen View Post
    LMAO this ^^^^^ lol hahaha
    I don't even think she knows what an out is...rofl

PokerOwned Veteran
    why did you shove all in over the top of her....she said to you "I have a nine, or at least an 8, that's why I'm betting here", then you ignored her warning and risked almost all your chips on a 10 out hope and prayer. You basically did the same thing she did, risked everything with 10 outs, big deal, 10 outs with 2 cards to come, you both played real poker.

Seasoned Veteran
    Wow that is a sick beat at least you walked away with some money still.

PokerOwned God
    sick story and beat and the crazy thing it wasnt online..wow

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I don't get what you think was so bad about her call? She was 40% of the time winning and had most of her chips committed, maybe you can question her play before that, but the call was fine imo, i guess she is suppose to assume you hit a set, but as i said, she committed most her chips already so she has to think you could only have a pair (A 9 maybe) from how you played pre so she has to assume (correctly) that she has 10 outs and is not much worse than a flip at that pt, and getting pot odds by far.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zingbust View Post
    why did you shove all in over the top of her....she said to you "I have a nine, or at least an 8, that's why I'm betting here", then you ignored her warning and risked almost all your chips on a 10 out hope and prayer. You basically did the same thing she did, risked everything with 10 outs, big deal, 10 outs with 2 cards to come, you both played real poker.
    Yes if you look at it that way I risked everything on a ten out...IF SHE CALLS....The thing here is she CALLED the all in, if she was the one who went all in I would gladly have folded instead she made what seemed to me at least, to be an attempt to steal the pot after it was checked around to her on a reasonably "dry" board. She represented a pocket pair in my eyes with a pot sized bet... Why would she bet the pot with a 9 when sb raised 3x bb and could possibly be trying to trap her with a QQ KK AA hand? I pushed over her and she "should" have folded there realizing she was caught. Yes I risked it but please tell me what you would do in that situation with 12k in the pot and 2 of the possible 7's required to give the open ended straight? Your saying calling with QJ in that situation is good poker play?? She doesn't know my hand and is playing with pretty much 0 information as I called preflop and checked the flop, hell I could have 2 pair. I already have a pair and a str8 possibility she has at best a shot at a pair and luckily the 10 hit...I'm guessing calling with AKo when the board is 9jq is always the best move too lol.
    Last edited by thegman1308; 04-10-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast