Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70074.43

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooo Mad

PokerOwned Veteran

Sooo Mad

I just went on a horrible run...I had 10 bucks on carbon, decided to grind it up on 1 dollar heads up sngs.....I was up like 8 buyins.....went on a downswing...it was up and down and I eventually busted....I kept running into donks that would shove anything....I would be at least a 75% favorite....suck out, suck out, suck out.....I tilted and probably lost like 2-3 games because of my emotionalism and mistakes....but the rest of it I got my money in good and now my roll is busted. I know variance happens but why such a horrible downswing before I can even get my roll up a tiny bit? I'm uber pissed.

you pissed as in " hittin refresh button on thread " to see if some1 responds? you go on to proceed wit ur story as if we all give a fuck!!

deuces!!!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CUSTOMTABLES View Post
    you pissed as in " hittin refresh button on thread " to see if some1 responds? you go on to proceed wit ur story as if we all give a fuck!!

deuces!!!
    lol...thanks for the laff. Seriously...I just wanted to bitch and moan somewhere to make me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTOMTABLES View Post

deuces!!!
    wth? this is the tilts and bragging section.....

PokerOwned God
    Im rated K 4 or 5 star at SNG and My downswings suckkkk - but if ur playing $1 games expect to vary by $40.go up to100 - get set back to 65...back up to 110 then down to 85...etc...

PokerOwned Master
    maybe you just suck at heads up. you're complaining about playing donks, lol. adjust to them and out play them. and a $10 bankroll with 10 buy ins isn't enough for a "downswing". try playing double or nothings or something else with less variance than heads up if you wanna build a roll.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Exactly what I was gonna suggest...dollar DON's...

Seasoned Veteran
    so sick

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by matg281 View Post
    maybe you just suck at heads up. you're complaining about playing donks, lol. adjust to them and out play them. and a $10 bankroll with 10 buy ins isn't enough for a "downswing". try playing double or nothings or something else with less variance than heads up if you wanna build a roll.
    No, I'm actually a good heads up player (I'm not just lying to myself, I'm honestly above average) and most of my games that I lost I was making mathematically correct decisions. It's hard to adjust to someone that will shove all in preflop with any 2 cards (I've played a lot of them)....you wait for a big hand, you call and your an 80% favorite. You get busted on the river....theres no outplaying that. I understand these things happen but it just sucks when you hit a series of hands like that before you even get a decent roll built.

Fortunately I did come back from under a dollar and now I'm ahead of what I was originally by a few bucks. DON's are good for some....but the rake is too high for me to justify grinding those....Risk 1.10 to win 88 cents...Whereas heads up you risk 1.10 to win 92 cents (at normal speed, it's even better if your good at turbos) and your skill advantage is more profitable at heads up if you have one.

And yea, I was up to 15.....it was a legit downswing...I ran into the bad side of variance that you would expect to see every now and then playing these (Assuming you are making correct decisions and not donking), I just happened to hit it sooner rather than later.

PokerOwned Pro
    lol thts cute and funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast