Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63459.98

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So disgusted...

Elite PokerOwned Member

So disgusted...

So I have been excited about today for a week. The first game of Poker Maximus with a 5k pool and another private tourney with a 2k prize pool with a 50% of the field payout were both today at 3pm I went out of the maximus withing ten minutes. Someone was shoving all in every hand. I waited for queens and lost to his 4 5 off. When I left he was up to 10k. The other tourney had a guy who seemed to have it out for me calling me down every hand I played though I never saw what he had. I would win because I was playing big hands and he would muck. When I got pocket queens I raise 3x to 180. He shoves all in for 1050. I call. His 6 2 off wins. I did not play much in the next 20 hands or so a few limps with one decent pot won for a small gain over the course of the hands. But at this point I am just below twenty blinds and and the blind increase is about to drop me to 12 bb's. I limp with eights UTG. A few more limpers and late middle to act shoves all in with about 30 bb's. I saw it as being weak, and though reluctantly, I called. He had sevens and flopped the set. When I left the guy who originally took me way down with 6 2 was just under 9k. I'm out of both games in less than a half hour while the worst two players at the table worth both literally chip leaders of the tourneys. I know poker can be this way sometimes but I really burns me up when It happens like this. It's kind of like winning a bunch of small pots but when you get someone all in for that huge pot that's when they hit the two card suck out. Does anyone follow me here? I just need a break and needed to vent. Thanks for listening...

damn that is sick, out the first 10 minutes.............sorry but I kinda lol'ed. Looks like pocket Queens is not your cards today.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

firstly we are reading not listening
    secondly its a $1.10 buying for 5K with rebuys and addons...u should expect donk play like this...
    lastly it sounds like u just got outplayed for the most part and unlucky when it counted...it sounds like the guy didnt "have it in for you" more he knew u were a T/A player which mean he could and did steal blinds off you...open up ure range a lil bit more and take into account the type of game you are playing and u may have better luck
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    firstly we are reading not listening
    secondly its a $1.10 buying for 5K with rebuys and addons...u should expect donk play like this...
    lastly it sounds like u just got outplayed for the most part and unlucky when it counted...it sounds like the guy didnt "have it in for you" more he knew u were a T/A player which mean he could and did steal blinds off you...open up ure range a lil bit more and take into account the type of game you are playing and u may have better luck
    I can see you're a DB and think you're really whitty. That being said, I know, you're right, you're wrong, you may be right, you don't know what you're talking about but I can see where you're coming from, and thanks; I'll take it under advisement.

ok so because u lost you are right on everything you said...cool duly noted :/
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Elite PokerOwned Member
    !? I don't follow. What is there to be right or wrong about? I was simply stating the facts of what happened and the way I was feeling as a result. That is not subjective to anyone's point of view. It is a constant. Now, perhaps your referring to my response to your belittling, condescending, and overly assuming retort to my original post. If that's the case, you may need to re-read it to see that I gave you a great spectrum of responses. Including credit where credit is due. I see nothing in either of my posts that present myself as all-knowing. Does anyone else see what he is talking about?

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    ignore him!! LOL he never has anything nice to say! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingLast View Post
    So I have been excited about today for a week. The first game of Poker Maximus with a 5k pool and another private tourney with a 2k prize pool with a 50% of the field payout were both today at 3pm I went out of the maximus withing ten minutes. Someone was shoving all in every hand. I waited for queens and lost to his 4 5 off. When I left he was up to 10k. The other tourney had a guy who seemed to have it out for me calling me down every hand I played though I never saw what he had. I would win because I was playing big hands and he would muck. When I got pocket queens I raise 3x to 180. He shoves all in for 1050. I call. His 6 2 off wins. I did not play much in the next 20 hands or so a few limps with one decent pot won for a small gain over the course of the hands. But at this point I am just below twenty blinds and and the blind increase is about to drop me to 12 bb's. I limp with eights UTG. A few more limpers and late middle to act shoves all in with about 30 bb's. I saw it as being weak, and though reluctantly, I called. He had sevens and flopped the set. When I left the guy who originally took me way down with 6 2 was just under 9k. I'm out of both games in less than a half hour while the worst two players at the table worth both literally chip leaders of the tourneys. I know poker can be this way sometimes but I really burns me up when It happens like this. It's kind of like winning a bunch of small pots but when you get someone all in for that huge pot that's when they hit the two card suck out. Does anyone follow me here? I just need a break and needed to vent. Thanks for listening...
    I call this a" break the computer day"! LOL It sucks to know u played it right and get fked over and over. Poker can be a cruel bitch sometimes lol
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar
    I find this kind of behavior really prominent on low buy in tournaments. It's hard to make an all in on a premium hand work when there are 5 other callers behind you with all manner of rags. Get in at the end of late registration and fold fold fold till most of the dumbs are gone is all i know to do.

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    It does suck, given you were waiting to play this game AND yes, this is poker, unfortunately. And yes we are listening, even if it is virtually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast