Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Its about correct decisions. At this level of play your going to make way more continuing to play this hand over time. You played it correct. He caught his card this time. You did fine and its just one of those things you can't avoid based on the level of play at this stage of play. Some times over thinking this stuff can effect your game. Just keep playing it like this and you will come out ahead at this level. In a few hours after another tournament or two you wont think to much about it, and you shouldn't. He caught it and got lucky thats all there is to it.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

PokerOwned Pro
    Well in defense of the villain, he had the better hand to start with, so in effect our hero got unlucky here, the villain did not get lucky. But I am a "luck" snob, most people don't see it this way

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitjunkie View Post
    Well in defense of the villain, he had the better hand to start with, so in effect our hero got unlucky here, the villain did not get lucky. But I am a "luck" snob, most people don't see it this way
    Lolz thats another way to look at it I guess but usually when someone comes from behind with a worse hand, people say they are lucky. Being unlucky is a direct result of someone elses luck lolz

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

it's hard to lay that hand down, after the flop, just unlucky. good luck next time hun
    I am the Captain of my ship. If you don't like the ride, Get Off!

Thanks for everyone's insight and I like the debates .

the answer lies in this statement

If you were the villain here, would you make the same moves throughout with a hand like AQ? The answer better be no because the story doesn't make sense. He either has complete air (which is a tuff buy considering his stack size UNLESS you notice he has been bluffing all day) or a monster (at least tied with your hand, and god help you if he has AK hearts here). The only other hand besides a set that would make sense would be KQ or QJ hearts, and even then you may want to consider folding because the bubble is at stake.
    Yes - the preflop action tells you that he either has an ace or a moderate pair. The check-raise on the flop should indicate that he hit a set or his ace-kicker. With what you have left in your stack, you still have odds to call with the bigger kicker, hoping to pair it and outrun him, but if you were close to the bubble, the chance to catch a cash might have given you value for folding after his check-raise.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    very tough position to be in!! but u cant wait for much better then AK. and it wasnt a big raise!! i might have re-raised him, hoping he would fold the AT.

PokerOwned Pro
    generally here I, so close to bubble and my hatred for AK, I would have just called his raise preflop and bet/folded on the flop when he check raised, this way your flop bet would have been lower leaving you a good stack to fold with and try to cash

maybe - but you still have a chance of making the cut with 1325 left and another has only 1740, and another 2020, blinds werent cheap but not a killer for a round of hands you may dbl up on. That being said, the bet of 2000 was a little steep here, if you bet 1200-1500 you get the same result from the villain - AI. Then you still have a decent size stack left to fold.

Now if your only motive is to win outright, then it was the right play. But I am a long-term person, any cash is a good cash.
    "I Agree any cash is good cash . Fold."
    -GodzAmongKingz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12