Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63209.97

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar

Would you lay this down?????

Alright I got a question and would like some honest answers. Because what happened to me in this afternoon's $25 freebie on Carbon was downright harsh. I was dealt AA in mid position with the blinds 10/20. I raise to 80. My boy calls me on the button and the rest fold.

The flop comes 7s 4s Qd. I make a pot sized raise to 210. My boy calls.

The turn Qc. I sense he hit his set of queens so I check as does he.

The river As. I get my boat and push the rest of my stack. He instacalls me and turns over QQ for quads.

I am on the rail sorta laughing to myself at the beauty of the set up. Does anyone not push there?

PokerOwned Master
    Dont you just love poker?... No reason to think you did something wrong in my opinion.

PokerOwned God
    its a cooler ... you're suppose to go broke there

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    No, I only got 2 quads b4...

PokerOwned Master
    those hands are going to come up 1 in 10 000 hands or so. Nothing wrong with what you did. It would be wrong to lay down there. If your the type of player that is laying down aces full then you are never going to win. It happens , just shake it off, and dont be worried about it happening again next time you play aces. Aces are usually susceptable to flushes and trips. If you dont hit an ace its hard to lay down still. Dont let anyone draw cheap when you have aces as they are vulnerable. Heres an old trick that works sometimes. Play aces like jacks. Play jacks like fives. Play twos like nines. Play ace king like ace ten. Play ace ten like ace 5. Play 3s like 8s. Its a trick that makes you look at the actual value of hands differently. The value of a hand changes so much each street. So getting stuck into veiwing value one way can be deceiving and dangerous. A lot of aces dry up on the flop of 9910. Ak dries up a ton but people still view ace king as a premium hand even post flop with nothing. If you see ak like a 10 when its 456 board you know where you are. I got off your original question but thats just my opinion.

PokerOwned Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by janish View Post
    Dont you just love poker?... No reason to think you did something wrong in my opinion.
    lol, yup, i 100% agree. Sometimes, the cards force you to go broke. It's sometimes dumb to make the "right" decision, and folding that is one rare example.

PokerOwned Master
    Now youve only had 2 4 of a kinds. Dam. Ive had like 3 or 4 this week on merge. Lol. O havent had a royal on merge , but i have had 6 in my life. 1 live. But quads i have like 2 a week it seems. ANd at least 3 in the last 4 days maybe 1 more. Visulize it , it will come ...

Private
    Absolutely not. How can anyone lasy that down?

Experienced Member
    No, there is no way you or anyone can lay that down.

Private
    Hmmmm....I don't think anyone could lay that down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast