Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possibly the Worst Best Fold Ever?

I was sitting in an MTT today and was like 2 hours in and it was right before the 2nd break with the bubble getting near and so I get dealt KK. Well because the break was coming up right after that hand, I was moving my laptop downstairs with me and was walking down the stair when the hand came up. I tried to click the spot to type in a raise and my track pad being in the air got all frisky and I ended up accidentally folding.

The person 3 spots over then shoves all in with their tiny stack and the bb calls. They flip JJ vs. QQ for the tiny stack. At first I was absolutely pissed, then the board started running out JJ2 on the flop. Way to donate to the big stack Merge! haha But in any case, I accidentally avoided disaster! Yipppppeee.

I'm telling you. If you're on Carbon and you get pocket pair. 2 or 3 other people always seem to have pocket pair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gundacker View Post
    I'm telling you. If you're on Carbon and you get pocket pair. 2 or 3 other people always seem to have pocket pair as well.
    Here's one for you that even variance has a hard time explaining. In 268,000 hands on my tracker counting individuals cards dealt to me on Merge (don't ask me how much I play... lol), I should see each individual card (ie. 3 of spades, 9 of diamonds, ace of spades, etc.) 20,615 times on average (if you care how I arrived to that number: the number of hands X 2 since the hand has 2 cards, all divided by 52 cards in the deck -- not sure how to calculate for if I was already dealt one card and not sure it matters much really)

I have seen these cards very weird number of times that seem to be way too far off for "variance":
    A clubs: 39,051 times seen
    A diamonds: 3,230 times seen (like what?!)

K diamonds: 4,312 times seen
    K hearts: 5,447 times seen
    K spades: 7,912 times seen
    K clubs: 12,313 times seen
    (is this just a RNG gone bad?! Why so few kings? It makes no sense.)

And lastly:
    2 spades: 96,561.... yeah.

Can that really be just a byproduct of a sample size? It's a freaking huge sample! lol I don't believe it's rigged, but the RNG needs some attention I think.

Seasoned Veteran
    that seems like it would be pretty far out of any standard deviations

terrible fold, but in hindsight, great fold!
    My Movember mustache will rock your world!

PokerOwned Veteran
    I play on what i see in the strengt of my oppenent. Sometimes i bluff if i feel they have a weak hand. And sometimes I fold a great hand, if I feel they have a better one. But i have some starting hands i like more than others :-) but in the end it?s also what comes on the flop.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Similar thing happened my wireless mouse battery was low and it was shakey...folded AA and 3 other all ins A6 starting hand won it after
    669 flop blank blank...but my AA QQ 1010 and dudes A6...BTW A6 was the table chip leader..im just saying

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Very lucky you avoided that. And some interesting data there but nothing is gonna be done about it. I dont think certain cards and seeing them is such a big deal. A million more times, it'll even out.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    I figured I can't get around people calling me stupid for folding AA in a multi-way pot by just naming myself, "foldsAA.''
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Seasoned Veteran
    The real question is. Since it was the bubble, if you raise and are reraised and shoved on, should you call with KK????????????????????????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast