Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66130.36

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master
    Very good info. Thanks!

PokerOwned God
    Nice hands, pretty standard plays.

PokerOwned God
    True, AA is all about getting value for them with out stepping in number two. In SNG its a lil different - I play 6 handed turbo/ss - the best AA play Ive seen, believe it or not, is flat calling in a HU situation (even if no raise pre-flop) and hope the mark catches top pr - he bets you shove all in. Trap sprung - game over. Obv in a grinder - ring game - you have to know your opponents and get a read off the board (all suited and you dont have one? = might be a fold). Most times, more times than not at low limit the players suck and being aggressive with premiums is enough to make you money long term. Your never really wrong for shoving AA pre flop over the top of a min raise - % of the time they are trying to trap you with KK - and at the very least youll get them off a suited connector hand that could of hit if you let them play AND you build your table image as guy that might all in any time.

PokerOwned Master
    This is a great thread Sharking, thanks for sharing your reviews on AA postflop hands. That is definitely a tricky hand to play.

Banned
    LaserCats thank you very much for adding to this thread. I agree with everything you said. Very valuable contribution. =)

Banned
    So here it is. My biggest AA fold post flop. Not the hardest fold by any means. But it was on the biggest stage of the game. The game we all dream about being in. Main Event. Wsop. 2011. I get AA on Day 1 after being card dead for 2 hours and blinding down to around 22k. I open in mid position for around 4x and it goes four way to the flop. One caller behind and both blinds come in. This was the only time I got AA all tourney in 3 days and 32 hours of gameplay. Flop comes K J Q. SB leads out, BB raises. Its on me. I wanna jam so badly. Good size pot. Im holding the best starting hand in the game. Even if im screwed i have 4 10s to draw to the stone nuts. I timebank. And finally toss it in. SB comes over the top of BBs raise and I know right there I made a great fold. BB folds and I burst out damn I had AA. BB goes believe it or not you were in third place that hand. Went on to grind my ass off. All in once on day 2, all in 10 times on day 3 ahead everytime except the last one. AK into AA to bust. On the Bubble. Hell of a ride though. Got to live a dream that most people will never get to do at 21 years old.

PokerOwned Veteran
    AA is a great hand to loose many chips

Seasoned Veteran
    Very positive play with aa that's all I can say

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Damn, did this thread just happen here, on PO, or did it come from somewhere else?haha.

Good thread dude, love the analysis n even better w/HM so we can see actual stack sizes. Keep it up yo. Wish i woulda been around when u started this so i coulda commented on a few hands as u posted em. Im gone 2 fkn weeks n miss one of the best threads ever maybe.

Banned
    Im gone 2 fkn weeks n miss one of the best threads ever maybe.
    Much appreciation JoeSchmo. Spent a lot of time combing thru AA hands and looking for good examples to share. Most of this can only be applied to deepstack poker (cash games, early stages of tournies, or 100BB+ deep in a tournament). But I think its really important to know how to play AA postflop. Most people get too excited they dont think clearly about how to maximize, control the pot, or avoid stacking off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast