Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66352.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PokerOwned God
    Yeah, but thats poker, AA is no guarantee for winning the hand

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Hate when pockets get shut down?

I know it would have been same result but to open shove from 20/40 to 5K is just terrible poker in any sense of the game.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I know it would have been same result but to open shove from 20/40 to 5K is just terrible poker in any sense of the game.
    My thoughts exactly:

PokerOwned Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    Eh... Depends on the hand. You can argue that in some cases, but I think you are in the minority when it comes to online poker. I'm not saying shoving AA is the best move, but it definitely isn't a bad one and to say it's terrible is kind of dumb. You show weakness shoving and there are donks that will call with AK or lower pockets. You play post flop with AA and you're going to get a caller or 2 that might have pockets and trap you, or they flop some other crazy draw or two pair. Yes, tournaments are all about surviving, but poker is about getting your chips in when you've got the goods. You can play AA post flop in live games (the ones pros bother to play in) where people take the game seriously, because if you shove, most people won't call you, so you gotta value bet and trap them, and they'll have a narrower range so it's easier to know if they've got you beat. But come on... to say it's terrible in online poker to do that is insane. The only time I'd slow play AA is late game where most of the people who made it that far are better players. Otherwise, early, you get a flop like 6 9 10, of course you think you're good with AA after you 3bet or 5bet, whatever your poison was, and the idiot shows 69. He definitely would not have called a push preflop. Most late game players wouldn't call a 3 bet with that either. If you two want to play AA post flop early, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeesKnees View Post
    Eh... Depends on the hand. You can argue that in some cases, but I think you are in the minority when it comes to online poker. I'm not saying shoving AA is the best move, but it definitely isn't a bad one and to say it's terrible is kind of dumb. You show weakness shoving and there are donks that will call with AK or lower pockets. You play post flop with AA and you're going to get a caller or 2 that might have pockets and trap you, or they flop some other crazy draw or two pair. Yes, tournaments are all about surviving, but poker is about getting your chips in when you've got the goods. You can play AA post flop in live games (the ones pros bother to play in) where people take the game seriously, because if you shove, most people won't call you, so you gotta value bet and trap them, and they'll have a narrower range so it's easier to know if they've got you beat. But come on... to say it's terrible in online poker to do that is insane. The only time I'd slow play AA is late game where most of the people who made it that far are better players. Otherwise, early, you get a flop like 6 9 10, of course you think you're good with AA after you 3bet or 5bet, whatever your poison was, and the idiot shows 69. He definitely would not have called a push preflop. Most late game players wouldn't call a 3 bet with that either. If you two want to play AA post flop early, be my guest.
    I can guarantee you if you ask anyone is it even poker for betting to be 20, 40 (the blinds) then next bet 5000. You can explain it anyway you want but that isnt poker. The whole point of tournaments is to get paid when you have good hands. AA is the best starting hand and to raise to 5000 is not a way of getting value out of it. You said it yourself your only gettin action outta a very limited range of hands. Is this 100K not a $100 buyin, which narrows that range even more. To play a hand like AA being afraid that someone might outdraw you is the wrong way to think of it. Play it to extract max value, sure you might have to lay it down but thats poker.

Knight-Lieutenant
    stuff happens im just talking dont bother reading this hahhaha

PokerOwned Moderator
    You got a point Prawney, but anything that happens on the felt is poker. Might be bad poker. And yes, it's a $100 buy in, but it's still online poker. Just from my experiences, I can't respect players overall in online poker. Early game, there are still many donks obviously, despite the buy in. Guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12