Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70429.6

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar

My Best Badugi Run/Sesh Ever

I just got done playing my best Badugi session ever, and had my best Badugi run ever, and won my biggest Badugi pot to date.

I started playing Badugi only a couple months ago. I learned it online from am online buddy of mine, who's really into it. At first I was a little weary, I didn't completely understand it, and lost my first buy in. I went and read more about it on wikipedia. Determined to play and win, I went back, played for a little while, cashed out ahead for the day. I was hooked. It is now, my favorite ring game to play online.

I played a little Badugi earlier in the day. Played on a $0.10/$0.20 Limit table. Bought in with $5, played for a little while, it was a full table when I joined, but it slowly petered out, and I left with $7.99. I wasn't done playing Badugi, and there were no more $0.10/$0.20 Limit tables going, so I joined a $0.05/$0.10 Limit table. Bad choice.

It started out okay, but then I started getting beat by one card, every time. It was stupid, because it was very different play than the table/stakes I wanted/was at earlier. I bought in for $3, but the average person had $1, and there were about 5 people in every hand. Pretty much always someone Standing Pat, and 4 other calling stations just tryin to catch. It was ugly. I started getting bothered by the fact I kept getting beat by one card. I ended up goin on tilt a bit, and playing hands much more aggressively. I was still waiting for great starting hands, but luck was not on my side, and I couldn't catch what I needed, or when I did, someone caught something better. By one card. I ended up losing that buy in.

I have had my eye set on MiniFTOPS Event #43 Badugi Limit Double Stack $20K Guaranteed, since I saw it a couple days ago. I wanted to get some practice in today, and be all ready for tomorrow. After losing that buy in, the way it happened, I was feeling sorta unconfident about Event #43.

My seat was still reserved at the table. I knew I was better than the players I was playing, they were just gettin lucky, and I was getting unlucky. I let a few hands go by, to sorta clear my head, and get out of that rotation, because whatever cycle or deal I was in, it wasn't working.

I bought back in for $5, and continued to sit at that table for the next couple of hours. I steadily folded hands, played the good ones and steadily went up. I hovered around $7 for awhile. I had a great read on everyone at the table, and I was in a perfect rhythm with the cards and everything. I looked in the lobby, and there was a full or pretty full $0.10/$0.20 game going on. I thought about it, and decided to 2 table. Although my previous attempts at 2 tabling Badugi did not work in my favor, I felt I was gonna do it this time, and I have really improved my Badugi game since.

It all ending up working out great. I sat at those two tables for a couple hours. Had a great time played some awesome hands.

I hit a crazy little run in there, that was the best Badugi run I ever had. The best part about it was, it happened on both tables at the same time, and they were back to back to back hands.

Dealer: Codd Brunson wins the pot ($2.66) with a Badugi: 7, 4, 3, A

Dealer: Codd Brunson shows [6c 4d 3h As] a Badugi: 6, 4, 3, A Dealer: Codd Brunson wins the pot ($2.47)

Dealer: Codd Brunson shows [6h 5d 4s 3c] a Badugi: 6, 5, 4, 3 Dealer: Codd Brunson wins the pot ($0.59)

Dealer: Codd Brunson wins the pot ($3.76) with a Badugi: 6, 5, 4, 3

Dealer: Codd Brunson wins the pot ($3.14) with a Badugi: 7, 4, 3, 2

Lost one hand on 5/10. Then lost another on 10/20. 7432 v 742A freakin $5.66 hand. I was made first too, and dude caught.

Shortly there after, I took the biggest Badugi pot I ever took.

I ended up leaving the $0.05/$0.10 table with $7.28 and the $0.10/$0.20 table with $12.50.

I'm feelin confident again about Event #43. Especially cause that was half my entry earned right there.

Good job Codd!!

There is nice succession.

I hope you doing well in today miniftop
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Pro
    badugi is a fun game , yeah man , this is nice :P

Thnx a lot PBB.

And ty yanimir

Just found this tweet today, lol:

playbadugi A234
    Saw @CoddBrunson from the rail last nite playing badugi at a red table. Wasn't sure who the pro was, you or @leewat. GL in the #FTOPS 2nite!

PokerOwned Pro
    Nice! Badugi is my favorite game to play too, but I suck at it. lol. I'm not patient enough to wait for a really low hand.

NICE GL IN the FTOPS TOO< i dont kow,, was that tday??? is it over then?? maybe u will let u sknow how u did in that then GLGL in it.I dont really like badugi,, its ok,, but i like the HI LO omaha better thogood run there tho for u