Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Friday night tournament

I have to tell someone that understands poker what happened during a live tournament on Friday night.
    I have been playing in this tournament regularly for quite a while.

It is a 150.00 buy-in with 25.00 bounties.
    I was down to 7000 chips at 1K/2K
    A hand or two before I had folded deuces. Everyone folded to the BB who showed QQ. Phew dodged a bullet there most likely.

A couple hands later I wake up with deuces AGAIN but blinds are going up next hand to 1.5K, 3K so I shove the 7K.
    Only one caller this was amazing because a lot of people will call to try to get the bounty.
    He had A 8 suited but the deuces held up.
    Now I have 17K chips.
    a couple hands later I get AK in the BB two limpers. I shove. Up to 23K no callers.
    Next hand 22 AGAIN in SB. I just call there were about 5 in the pot. I flop the 2 and check.
    BB shoves and another guy calls. I shove back and he has to call for a bit more.
    BB has two pair. The other guy has top pair. The set holds up and now I have over 80K chips.
    It was quite a run and I got a bounty there too.

I kept having a decent run 55 and hit a set and won a pretty big pot.

I cashed and made the final table. Sadly I did get knocked out before the money got real good but I was and am pretty happy about a decent run after being so short.

P.S.
    I got 22 two more times but none as good as hitting that set.

I seem to get runs like that, where a particular hand seems to do well for me. I try very hard not to let it sway my decisions because there just is no "greater consciousness" that is governing what cards will fall - and there is a lot of solid psych and neurological evidence for the fact that the human brain is geared to look for patterns (even when there are no patterns to be found). When we find patterns in what ought to be random data, we impart mystical significance to it (the basis for religion).

OK, not that I'm saying you did that - you just had a series of coincidences that turned out well for you (and congrats on making the money!).
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

I understand I got completely lucky to have the first deuces hold up and then have them be the Cinderella hand later on but I'll take a little luck too.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Sometimes its better to be lucky then good!!

tex
    PokerOwned Master
    Sometimes luck gets in the way of skill just got my QQ cracked by 22 joker hit a set.

Awe. I feel like I jinxed you with my all that duck talk.

PokerOwned Pro
    always love winning with 2's feels great really like when the hold against AK

PokerOwned Master
    I love it when it runs like that. Those runs don't happen very often so you have to enjoy them when they come.

GonnaLiquor
    I seem to run better short stacked at end of tourneys. At least if your deuces crack Queens or better you have the old "I was short stacked"