Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced Member

What do you think

Hey everyone. HaHa because of our tournys I have been able to move up to nickles and dimes lol Big time right lol
    Anyway was playing yesterday and caught pocket 9s on the deal. One early position raises and I call and one other players calls. Flop came 7 8 10. Early position bets but not to high for me to call. Other player folds. The turn is another 10. Early position goes allin. What would you do when you are low on money?

For starters i know you joke about moving up to 5c/10c is big time but even though in the grand scheme of things it mightn't be much the fact you set it as a goal and kept to the lower stakes and eventually made enough to move up is a great achievement.

I would fold that turn, espeically if your low on money and dont want to go broke. I mean he could have a few hands where your totally drawing dead, or some combination of hands where your outs for the straight give him a boat. Save your money and wait for a better spot.

You right Prawney, even thought you low with money you shouldn't push all in and waste it.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned God
    FOLDDDD.... Or shove pre flop to steal. Low on money equals keep pots small and wait for your set, flushy flops...

Banned
    actually when he raised it you should have reraised him, because he raised it to see where you were at by you call he knew you were fishing for cards, nd once that other 10 came he played like he had trips but in reality i bet he had like KJ or QJ but all in all good fold

Banned
    This is a pretty standard fold. I don't expect your opponent to be bluffing here to often.

PokerOwned God
    Times where I was that other player, holding that ten. But instead of raising, I would call or re raise my opponents bet just to make it look like I was fishing. Then eventually when he makes his big big bet maybe a showdown, I go All in they call and I blow em away. All when they were trying to bluff me. Love it.

Experienced Member
    Thanks for the replies you all. so I'll let you know what happened. Everyone would call the first 2 bets. After the 2nd 10 came I had to do some thinking. There was a lot of hands he could have, but there were 2 I felt I could win with too, the str8 and full if I hit another 9. But what got me the most was the allin. I put him on something like you said motive because we are playing 5/10 cent and usually its hard to even win a few $, so why was he running off the money. That is what made me call. He had AK. He probably thought I had a 7 or 8 because I was just calling, and if I did call he hoped to catch one of his cards. But by the way, I do fold a lot of small pairs, and I never play A with a low kicker unless suited.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i can't help you, I playing poker not so good but I'll - fold

PokerOwned Demi-God
    It really depends on the player but its a fold to a lot of players. I think he's only doing that with a 10 or a str8. There isn't a good reason to do that with an overpair because you mightve caught trips. He did raise pre and thats when you need to put him on a range. Does he raise often, does he ever limp, etc... to find out if he would be raising with a j10 or something. But I guess you made a good call. Even if he was somehow ahead, you have some outs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast