Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Do I Suck!!

Man Do I Suck!!

I don't know when I'll learn to only shove when I'm ahead. 1st PO free roll today shoved KK pre and ran into a dominating QQ. I couldn't suck out so was KO'd. Not learning from my earlier experience I shoved AQ into a Jacka@$ that had been raising 10 bbs preflop every hand and wouldn't you know he actually had hand this time. He woke up with a 95 off. Once again I was already dominated preflop and couldn't suck anything out by the river and was gone. The terrible thing is I never learn bc I do this 9/10 PO tourneys I play.
    I think tonight I am going to go over my last 50k hands and try to figure out why am making such poor decisions getting my money in with garbage. Hopefully I can get my act together, quit donking it up, and play some solid poker.

P.S. On a positive note my poor decisions(such as the ones referenced above) have paid off BIG time in real money ring games and MTT's so hopefully I can keep being a luck box in those while I try to get my shite together in the PO tourneys. The players are 100X more solid there so it's gonna be tough.

A lot of unpredictable play in any freeroll. Good luck to you in your efforts to try and improve your game .

I would not rate your level of play based on the outcomes of these games. There are alot of players that have some very flamboyant play styles...good luck!

atleast your not blaming the site like most people do and realize that it is poker and there is always room to improve...its a tough game and anyone can lose no matter how good you are...so realizing to learn from you own mistakes is a great start...gl man

Survey Master
    yea i agree with pooffy. theres so many here who will donk shove with any two. if i was you especially in the po games id stick to my guns and get paid off. % show that youll win more than you lose when dominating an oppenent

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Can't really rate yourself fairly on freerolls. I mean nothing is really at stake there so lots of chances are taken and most generally hit thier outs.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Like Pooffy said there's a lot of flamboyant play in the freerolls. Ring games are where the money is at.

You can get 1000% equity from a MTT but you can win the same amount in 10 mins at a ring game. It's strategy over tactics.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Elite PokerOwned Member P0K3R4F00D's Avatar
    Poker is and always will be poker. But yea mos def dont rate your play just by po freerolls or any freerolls. Most players play freeroll poker if that makes sense.
    I poker face off and now she faceless.
    I poker so much I deserve a bracelet!

Just incase nobody is picking up what I'm throwing down this thread was written in a sarcastic tone. I certainly don't think I suck and wouldn't rate my play based on free rolls. For the record I dont think I'm the Bee's knees either. I wrote this to have a little fun and also vent at the same time. (trying to mask my whining. Did it work?)
    As many have stated a lot people play "free roll poker" in the free rolls. Obviously people will make plays and calls they wouldn't normally make in a real money game (at least I hope not) which means there will be more variance/mind boggling runs of horrendous bad beats. I personally play like I'm playing a real money tourney but after playing here almost a month I don't think that's the best approach either. I've done well but not "as well as I should have"
    I think Free rolls are a different animal all together and I will have to adjust my game accordingly. I think that's what many successful people have done here. They seem to be consistent and profitable even though sometimes I don't understand a play they make. I am starting to now however.
    I love PO and even though it has it's share of donkeys there are MANY skilled players here. I never thought playing for "free" could be so fun but I find myself playing more PO games than real money games a lot of days. I feel it's bc the creators/managers of this site have done a great job of making something hardly worth anything into, IMO, a highly enjoyable and competitive community. I look forward to being a productive member long into the future and also to the many upgrades I'm sure are in the works. Thanks for all the hard work. GL to everyone in the community

Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar
    TOO LATE! ya already said you suck! Now the official greeting for crypt on the tables is... "GL crypt, but man, do you suck! (sarcasm)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast