Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned God

Juicy Steaks $1k Free roll so

bottom line...I played the satellite for 4 hours (site even went down for 40 minutes) to place in top 7 out of 400...Then played the $1k free roll where top 60 get paid and Im lickin my chops - ez money so I don't have to deposit on Juicy. well another 2 hours goes by and im just trying to fold into the cash and I get jj on the bubble on the button with the BB fkn sitting out...the SB doesn't even want play his cards but I only have a SB left so he has to play. Now, I could of just ante'd out and Im 90% sure I get last place but fk that. I shove - he calls with K5 off....and flop is AKA....game over dip shet.

The real problem here is that I could turn $2 into $60 in a month. But now I gotta play the dreaded satty again and place in the top 7....Im kinda kickin myself but if I win that hand I have $1,500 and a real chance to make $5 or $10 so Im not too mad - but damn it 6 hours for nothing is a bitch - I woulda been happy with $2. Maybe I kick myself even harder for folding JJ though without knowing the outcome. Who knows though - maybe I get AA, AA , AA after that hand...POKERRRRRR.

Of course my buddy The Jaw emailed me a story of him at the WSOP when he was on the bubble for 2 hours and last place was $18k....kinda puts it al in perspective...he made it to the final table - was on TV etc after 4 days of play...

PokerOwned God
    ok - I may as well add the email from my Pro buddy that set me straight: sick legends at his table... 3 hours for last 3 guys to bust out. He shoved AK....

He (Mizrachi - AKA: "the Grinder") was the SB and I was the BB on that hand when I picked up AK. Since I only had about 3 big blinds it was the right play for him to raise and he didn’t even look at his cards. He ended up having QJ and I’m only about 60% or so to win the hand. That means I’m going to bust just out of the money 40% of the time. It would be the right play for me to fold if I was more than 40% likely to outlast a player by folding every hand but at that point the short stacks were surviving and it was taking forever to break the bubble. Two people at my table already survived all in hands (both were races and both times the short stack won the race). At the other 2 tables similar events occurred. The guy who eventually busted on the bubble it looked like was all in on the big blind so literally blinded out and was forced all in on the big blind. It was a pretty sick hand too because he flopped a flush but the other guy hit runner runner to get quads if I remember right (lots of people watching the table so I didn’t see it but heard the craziness). It was an exciting time to watch but for me it was so grueling.

Back to strategy – Erik Seidel was on Mizrachi’s right and Erik was doing most of the raising and stealing of blinds; he played really well I thought. Did I follow the best strategy after dinner by folding every hand? Remember the TT hand after dinner break? I folded and a decent stack to my left raised all in after it was folded to him. He may have had AK or something good and it’s possible I would’ve doubled him up or busted (can’t remember if I had him covered at the time). If I had raised and then folded then I would’ve definitely had to play more hands later and likely busted. What are the odds the bubble lasts 3 hours after dinner to go from 30 players to 27? It’s so unlikely that it takes 3 hours to bust 3 players so that was an anomoly. I asked Erik after a couple hours and he said this was really unusual; he said the final player can take an hour sometimes but never so long for the final 3 players to bust. I think my strategy was correct and just crazy it took so long in that tournament. In the future, the smart thing will be to add up everyone’s stacks at the dinner break and then make a better calculation what the odds are of when the bubble will break.

Regards,
    The Jaw

P.S. Hes playing again in this WSOP event 2 weeks from now.
    Last edited by LaserCats; 02-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Talk about sweatin' some bullets. That's one hell of a bubble and one hell of a long time to be riding it. Thanks for sharing the email, good story.

cool story bro. havent see u play ere laser we d have a juicy freeroll im sure ucan cash $2

Seasoned Veteran
    Well, I play a lot of tournament live without sitting 6 hours in the comfort of my home. You may have played 6 hours at home and not cash, but play a 4 day tournament , making it to day 2 and not cash. Then we'll talk about a sucky feeling.

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    hey Lasercats is he playing wsop circuit at Foxwoods? I might go there to play I dunno yet.

16:24 <PooffyFooffy> sorry jayy

18:07 <gimmeabrew> @jayyy27: sorry

PokerOwned Master
    yeah when site went down I went and snowblowed my dads driveway and missed it bs thought it was canceled had a fat stack too

PokerOwned Demi-God
    sweet story. sucks that you bubbled out but looking at your friend's story sounds cool also. thanks for the story.

PokerOwned God
    that sucks bubbling in that... i bubbled trying to get into it last week...

better luck next time. it really sucks that the other short stacks doubled.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast