Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63538.85

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Losing Streak.... :(

The last two days I have been on a horrible streak of bad beats and just down right awful back door draws!
    Last night I ended up all in with pocket kings and a flop of K 8 9 heads up against J 2!! So of course the turn comes Q followed by a 10 on the river!!!
    This is just one of many stories of straights being busted by back door flushes and draws against the stupidest cards you could ever play and even had two boats brought down by quads just since yesterday afternoon. All in all I'm down almost 40% of my bankroll and it has me to the point I am almost to afraid to play and I love the game.
    I appreciate any advice or support I could receive from you all.
    Last edited by SyKoChiller; 01-12-2013 at 02:28 PM.

TON is Gone.
    I can't offer much more then support at this point. I'm going thru a bad run myself rigt now and have tired all of my usual tricks to get out of it.

Best I can do is say..... "I feel your pain".

Elite PokerOwned Member
    bank roll management, if you get bad beats they wont matter as much because your bankroll isnt at much risk due to the loss.. and your still allowed to play your normal game..

i suggest 2% of br at cash games , 1% for mtts

I'm playing mostly cash games and about 2/3 off the time if things are going south I can control myself enough to walk away but that other 1/3 I may re buy 3 times. Thanks for the support though

losing streaks happen all the time...you just gotta deal with them and not itlt and shit should work out positive

ofg
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Stop playing until you gain confidence and actually feel like playing again win or lose. Losing streaks can become tilting and the best way to go is to stop playing. In the future, you'll just play thru it without affecting your game. But for now, it can affect your game even when you feel like it might not.

ive been down to bad streaks so often now that a created some EMERGENCY SURVIVOR RULES for me:

#1) When i first notice im in "bad luck" days i immediately stop playing games i have to pay a buy in(why register for a game in which i will be donked out by 7/2 not suited against my AA?), that means: I only play FREEROLLS till im back up;

#2) I dont use any ticket ive been awarded (unless there is no other chance to use it);

#3) "What? Cash games?? I dont know what this is." , no chance of sittin' on a cash table;

#4) I try to set poker to second plan, trying to do others stuff;

#5) I more often turn off comp and my dog, in this days, has maaany outside walks..... ;

not saying it will help anybody else, but helps ME not to lose my precious br........ gl for u and take care of ur dog .......

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Great advice!! I am currently playing for way less than 10% br and slowly rebuilding my chips. What I have had to do is leave any table as soon as I feel conditions for my current play style are not optimal.
    This is allowing me to rebuild my bank roll an average of 5-7% per seat, i.e 5-7% more than I sat down with
    Last edited by SyKoChiller; 01-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.

play for 50% br. lol

What is working for me is this; I had to switch gears and start playing a lot tighter, which is fairly difficult in a 6 person ring game, but the old wait and trap routine is slowly paying dividends again. Thanks again for the support and advice everyone except those who do not take anything seriously...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast