Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63665.02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    It may have worked for you in the circumstances, and i give you mad props for watching your players and using their stats as a reading caculus for the game play. however, when ther is a 4 bet and u open 5 bet to try and steal the pot, good luck, be ause that is hardly ever working.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    You're just throwing numbers around trying to sound smart. lol And btw I took 8th in the big ticket (while buying in directly) on Sunday which is the biggest weekly tournament in the US with a $215 buy in.

Don't start anything just because you don't understand my play.
    Tell him jason!! micros my butt!! jason started his bankroll and has graduate with honors!! i dont think $11, $33 are micros??? LOL

Experienced Member
    id say thats a losing move over the course of time but you found a good spot so fair play to ya.. nice bet

Quote Originally Posted by crozza3 View Post
    id say thats a losing move over the course of time but you found a good spot so fair play to ya.. nice bet
    The thing is it's not a play over time. It's one spot that I sought to capitalize on. I had 5900 chips on the bubble of a deep tournament. That's a very short stack compared to the average despite having like 26 effective bbs. That chip up is so great, it literally was close to a double up (if you count my dead blind out, it was only like 6bbs short of one).

Not only that, but it just felt right. 5900 is the perfect amount because it is just BARELY enough where no one is pot committed. If I had 5500, despite noticing this spot, I'd have to fold, but this was a $60 tournament and I KNEW that these players (well the 3bettor and 4bettor) were thinking at a level which was deep and calculated. I made this move because psychologically, I understood what they were trying to accomplish and I was able to 1 up them. Does that make me a better player than them? Certainly not.

Does that make my move correct? Still no. Someone could have snapped me off with AA and I STILL would have just laughed.

But it isn't about that, nor is it about if the move worked or not. It is about using every weapon in your arsenal and trying to make the best play for exactly what is going on right then. Not a systematic play, but one that feels right to the situation.

This situation was calling for this action and I felt I needed to capitalize on this, so I did. And if it failed, I'd still be proud of my play, not because it was correct or wasn't correct, but because I was able to suck up my fears and make a play I felt was right. And reads are never 100% no matter how good you are.

This play might not have been profitable even in that spot, who knows? But it still isn't the point. The point is I saw an opportunity and I went for it. Because I don't play for 122nd place, ever. I play for 1st.

LLB King
    Great play, I would have tried this and got called by KJo lol :x

PokerOwned God
    how were u guys near bubble at 100/200 level thats like the 4th level of the tourney at most.. no matter what your read on the players is, that move will work about 1/100000 times. especially online one of the 3 is bound to have a hand the way that played out 99.99 percent of the time

that being said.. lol nice bet

PokerOwned Master
    your table image had something to do with it as well as being on the bubble. Ballsy play, not sure I could have pulled that one off.

Quote Originally Posted by dpadgett1 View Post
    how were u guys near bubble at 100/200 level thats like the 4th level of the tourney at most.. no matter what your read on the players is, that move will work about 1/100000 times. especially online one of the 3 is bound to have a hand the way that played out 99.99 percent of the time

that being said.. lol nice bet
    15/30
    20/40
    25/50
    30/60
    40/80
    50/100
    60/120
    75/150
    100/200

20 minute levels. So no, not really.

PokerOwned Veteran
    that shows that the players have uber respect for your bet and they they were all just after the pot nicely done dude balls of steel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123