Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66623.98

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro
    Way to go!

It's OK to take a shot now and again, too. Lots of familiar faces on that list. If I may be so bold as to offer advice: take more notes. Especially in mixed games like this, where hands can take longer and the volatility is muffled, you get more chances to see more plays from more opponents. The idea, if possible, is to have some info on everyone at the FT...unless, of course, you get 8th.

Just like I'm certain you're familiar with many players in PO freerolls, HORSE FT's tend to be packed with regulars. And for many at the smaller buy-ins, <$50, that just means more chances to note their mistakes (or prowess).

Keep it rollin, good luck!

PokerOwned Master
    Good job. No win is a small win. I made $48 from a tourney a few days ago and felt like I won thousands lol. Good luck at the tables.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHaversham View Post
    Way to go!

It's OK to take a shot now and again, too. Lots of familiar faces on that list. If I may be so bold as to offer advice: take more notes. Especially in mixed games like this, where hands can take longer and the volatility is muffled, you get more chances to see more plays from more opponents. The idea, if possible, is to have some info on everyone at the FT...unless, of course, you get 8th.

Just like I'm certain you're familiar with many players in PO freerolls, HORSE FT's tend to be packed with regulars. And for many at the smaller buy-ins, <$50, that just means more chances to note their mistakes (or prowess).

Keep it rollin, good luck!

Thanks! great advice!! i did take a bunch of mental notes LOL! and there was a lot of familiar players!! i know i see u alot in the morning games of horse!! i used to play almost every morning, then started school!! i really enjoy playing horse! i get bored with holdem!

PokerOwned Pro
    very nice TRR had fun playing with you last night.

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tracyrickrobby View Post
    Thanks! great advice!! i did take a bunch of mental notes LOL! and there was a lot of familiar players!! i know i see u alot in the morning games of horse!! i used to play almost every morning, then started school!! i really enjoy playing horse! i get bored with holdem!
    Aye, I play them when possible, but I'm always home with my 9mo. While I actually do pretty well when I'm distracted by the baby, I don't really like to turn "our time" into "my time" too often.

I played quite a bit of HORSE on Full Tilt, and fared very well. Perhaps my favorite moment was in an FTOPS event, $500 buy-in (I sattied in for $50, I believe), and I KO'd two pro's in the same hand (Keith & Paul Sexton), which earned a bounty for each (+ yet another t-shirt). I also got Cyndi Violette in that same game, but ended up losing in the middle of the money. Sorry...narcissism and poker go hand-in-hand.

My point is that I have some idea what I'm talking about, and you have a solid game. The $11-$50 games are indeed different than the $5 & under, but then they are also very different from the higher buy-ins. I think it's because mixed game regs just want to play, so a high-stakes player will gladly jump in a $10 or $20 game and play a very..."experimental"...style, while there are also many low-stakes grinders who've struggled to get to that level playing at the same table. I distinctly remember taking very negative notes on a few players but then noticing they were always FT'ing games I lost...so I watched a few play through - stalked em, if you will - and was very surprised to see that their games were very exploitable. That was a turning point, and it all began with taking lots of notes and comparing them game after game.

I have some basic note-taking concepts, but I'm sure there are many available on the internet as well. Good luck!!!

PokerOwned God
    Congratulations. Grinding up in limit games can be hard, but it sure is fun.

PokerOwned Veteran
    very nice. Keep playing solid as always. I love seeing people win after a short stack because so many people just give up and I've taken a few tourneys down after having 3-5 BB left.

Nice win there, TRR - good luck holding onto it and making it grow

Nice work! Keep it going! I know the excitement, I just won $60 last night and it was by far my biggest win!

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    Nice work! Keep it going! I know the excitement, I just won $60 last night and it was by far my biggest win!
    nice job!! the excitement is better then the winning!! i couldnt sleep for like 3 hours afterwards LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast