Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Ugh...

Just Ugh...

So I satted into a $33 (small fielded) mtt on carbon, start off really well, picked off a nice bluff, made a cool float play to confuse someone, etc. things are looking good... then i realize we are getting close to the ft (only 6 spots pay, small tournament but still a lot of money cause of $33 entry) so i start picking up the pace a little and stealing a few blinds per round 3betting the loose aggro player on my right, etc. go to ft as chip leader, looking poised to win a lot of money, like $480 for first.

then shit gets real. the guy on my left is playing every hand like a retard (vpip of 84, pfr of 2).. so early on i run preflop all in KK<QQ (he flops a Q) to cost me about a quarter of my stack, okay we're 8 handed and i'm still in 2nd...

then i get dealt pocket AA a few hands later. someone opens early, next player 3bets, i 4bet for enough to put the openers both nearly all in (or 2/3 of their stacks anyways), the guy that cracked my KK just calls for like 60% of his stack, and the original two openers fold. flop A72 rainbow, so i hit a set of AAA and i check and let the same guy bluff off his stack on flop. he open jams for like a third the pot... he flips Q10 which he called the 4bet with, the the turn comes J and the river K.... and he runner runners a straight to completely cripple me.

now i'm down to like 10 bbs along with one other short stack and we're on the bubble. one double up, tho, will put me close to back to an average stack, so it's a fine line. i steal blinds to keep me afloat for a bit, then finally I'm down to 8 bbs and in sb and same player as in above two hands, is in bb and action folded to me and i have 99, i open jam trying to just stay afloat and he snap calls me with 73o... and hits two 7's to trip his to knock me out...

i went to ofp and the guy has never cashed before EVER... in 68 tournaments. he has lost almost 4k, but never cashed... until now...

he hit every freaking long shot to bubble me out of the tournament i went into the ft as chip leader in and i satted in too... so freaking pissed off right now...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    So I satted into a $33 (small fielded) mtt on carbon, start off really well, picked off a nice bluff, made a cool float play to confuse someone, etc. things are looking good... then i realize we are getting close to the ft (only 6 spots pay, small tournament but still a lot of money cause of $33 entry) so i start picking up the pace a little and stealing a few blinds per round 3betting the loose aggro player on my right, etc. go to ft as chip leader, looking poised to win a lot of money, like $480 for first.

then shit gets real. the guy on my left is playing every hand like a retard (vpip of 84, pfr of 2).. so early on i run preflop all in KK<QQ (he flops a Q) to cost me about a quarter of my stack, okay we're 8 handed and i'm still in 2nd...

then i get dealt pocket AA a few hands later. someone opens early, next player 3bets, i 4bet for enough to put the openers both nearly all in (or 2/3 of their stacks anyways), the guy that cracked my KK just calls for like 60% of his stack, and the original two openers fold. flop A72 rainbow, so i hit a set of AAA and i check and let the same guy bluff off his stack on flop. he open jams for like a third the pot... he flips Q10 which he called the 4bet with, the the turn comes J and the river K.... and he runner runners a straight to completely cripple me.

now i'm down to like 10 bbs along with one other short stack and we're on the bubble. one double up, tho, will put me close to back to an average stack, so it's a fine line. i steal blinds to keep me afloat for a bit, then finally I'm down to 8 bbs and in sb and same player as in above two hands, is in bb and action folded to me and i have 99, i open jam trying to just stay afloat and he snap calls me with 73o... and hits two 7's to trip his to knock me out...

i went to ofp and the guy has never cashed before EVER... in 68 tournaments. he has lost almost 4k, but never cashed... until now...

he hit every freaking long shot to bubble me out of the tournament i went into the ft as chip leader in and i satted in too... so freaking pissed off right now...
    I feel your pain man. I know that you are solid, and will be ok. Keep learning and getting better. I lost a massive CL pot in the middle stages of a $2 + $1 bounty mtt. Guy called my 4bet jamed 3 way for the hope of two bounties, with 59dd. It sucked, but I battled back and cashed with a few bounties. Later on, I played another bounty mtt, and got HU and flatted a button raise with 85ss. The flop was A55. I check/called and lead the turn which was Js. I lead small as a fake blocker bet to induce. He shoved A10, and the river was aa Ace. Pretty much how my day went. I about broke even while running so far below EV it is sickening. You gotta make sure you have enough cash in your BR to withstand the variance. It sucks, but it will even its way out. I imagine I will have a day in the not too distant future, where I will run like Usain Bolt. Just keep hanging in there and getting better. Also, I would avoid satties into bigger events. I know they can be decent values, but for me @ least; they put me in a bad frame of mind if and when I get say a $33 ticket with a $200 BR and lose. Just seems demoralizing, to lose a mtt that has a min-cash worth almost half of my BR. Idk, maybe it is different for you, although it sounds like it is not. Good luck, and I will no doubt see you @ the tables tomorrow.

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    Dude I feel you sooooo much. I have been avoiding cliffs for a week in fear that I will get frustrated enough to jump off. I played 4 MTTs last night, went out with 70%+ faves in all 4. Plus every big tourney I have satted into since my return to online poker has gone unbelievably unluckily. I also seem to get beat by the worst players in poker. I am over it to tell you the truth, I can't allow myself to become a bitter player whining about conspiracies, so I'm just taking a huge step back.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Man that is some shit luck. Why is it that there's always that one guy at the table that seems to donk you every hand you play him in? Starts to make you a bit superstitious...

PokerOwned Veteran
    I feel your pain also. Part of being a great player is having the ability to keep on fighting.

I feel your pain. I have been losing alot of hands lately that I should win.

That's a really rough string of bad beats, man... wow. Not much you can do - just keep workin' at it and make a ton of notes on that dumbass

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Poker can be a tough game when it keeps hitting you in the gut. Hope you can shake it off and win the next one.

Banned
    I have gone tomany final tables in small tournies to not win by bullshit, I can not ever make final tables or larger tournies I can get deep, but some bs always happens.

PokerOwned God
    I feel your pain as well. It can be really frustrating you did everything correct and your opponent did everything wrong but he won. It seems like there's no justice. But, it is poker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast