Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

Thread: im tilting

Knight

im tilting

even thogh i won 8 yesterday and 1$ dollar so far today i am on SCREAMING tilt. i made a bad play in po at ub, but all the rest r players keep drawing out on me . i know it will stop. how does anyone here with a bad temper ( like myself) handle tilting. i need a break but i feel i cannot afford to miss out. imy family barely gets by actually i am feeling better just talking about it. i need wise suggestions on tilting from someone like me who already has a terrible temper. i have a 2nd ? when u have top pair and the bottom pair , like a2 in the hole and the flop is ace 2, 7. i push hard and someone else has aq in hole and the 7 pairs . i lose. how do u experienced players play these hands? ty.

PokerOwned Pro
    best to walk away even if its just for a minet or 2
    that normanly enoff 4 me
    go make yourself a coffee
    anything to take your mind off it 4 a short time

Seasoned Veteran
    Sucks to be on tilt, got to get over it asap or your whole role will be gone.. That's a poker players worst nightmare going on tilt

Zab
    I find that when I am on tilt, a good swift kick to my dog helps..

no really, when I tilt, I just walk away.. Grab a drink.. sit down and clear my head
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Master
    I hear ya I used to get so piissed Id break shit like my mouse keyboards all kinds of shit. Now I am much better walk away. But i think im not half as good cause I dont care as much. It's rough but definetly walk away for a few and switch tables in cash games guy seems to always get you after that shit

Knight
    thats very funny , i stopped tilting as soon as wrote topic for some un known reason

Corporal
    you have to clear your head and actually think of the best decision. firstly like the others said take a break have a drink and just calm down for a moment. i know some hands can make u very steamy cause you're always outdrawn even when you have the better hands. but you start to tilt just think to yourself... what is this going to achieve? im going to go all in and lose everything... is that what i really want to do? if you still have chips then you always have a chance, you just have to not let it affect you and just play a good solid game as you always would. i remember when i used to get extremely annoyed just because i'd fold a hand which wouldve given me trips, straight, flush, quads or anything good enough to win me the hand at that moment. but now i think to myself... i folded that hand because it was a foldable hand, not a callable one... "it was the right decision at the time". thats what keeps me calm now. sometimes i fold hands that wouldve given me a huge made hand and i wouldve won an absolutely monster pot. but you have to be able to clear your head and simply understand decision making, which poker is all about essentially.

Sergeant
    when i tilt. i lose very mush