Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64684.76

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bad beats? pls tell me what im doing wrong here

Im willing to learn so ill take any advice anyone wants to give..

dam wheres the converter for this site, every other forum ive been on has one why dont this place? how am i supposed to post hand to discuss if there isnt one?

Guess ill do it manually then..

I have 13920 villian has 10188
    Ante 160 blinds 800 1600 im utg plus 1 wake up with KK so i push standard play being short right? AK calls flop comes 10h 4h 8c then turn delivers the USUAL blow against me Ah and river js. so should have i just called and then pushed on the flop?

this is going to be a long topic for me as im going back and manually posting every bs bad beat from every game in the last month or so. but remember i dont play BS hands im a tight nit so i play very few hands. lol
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

pushing pre....thats your problem...make a sizeable bet and make sure an ace misses the flop before pushing the rest of your stack...sometimes they push at you and KK you should call but you dont have to go all in pre everytime you have a good hand.

so next bad beat from yesterday goes as...

Antes 25 blinds 250-500
    I pop it up 3xbb UTG with AA wanting at least one caller right? Villian, 2 to act after me shoves for 7705 flips over A10 spades. I snap call of course as who is going to fold AA to one shover?
    Flop 3h 8s 3s
    Turn 4h
    River Js

Well of course why should AA ever win right? so what did i do wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by ddavey25 View Post
    pushing pre....thats your problem...make a sizeable bet and make sure an ace misses the flop before pushing the rest of your stack...sometimes they push at you and KK you should call but you dont have to go all in pre everytime you have a good hand.
    Ok so shove wasnt good? i can take that but i dont normally just shove but Ak isnt folding no matter what here is he? I do know how to play after the flop so your point is valid. But 3 outer? wheres the odds? lol like i said i will be posting MANY MANY Hand of this

i counted how many times i lost with AA...in a row back when usa was able to play on fulltilt....I lost 16 hands straight with AA....it just happens sometimes....I rebounded from it...didnt blame the game and i won all the time on fulltilt....everyone wants to blame merge but i havnt lost 16 straight AA hands on merge.

Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    Ok so shove wasnt good? i can take that but i dont normally just shove but Ak isnt folding no matter what here is he? I do know how to play after the flop so your point is valid. But 3 outer? wheres the odds? lol like i said i will be posting MANY MANY Hand of this
    wasnt a bad play by either of you....He was low stack also with AK....would you fold that in his position? I lose my KK to A3 all the time...I hate three outers as much as anyone else....but i take the beats with the good...

You didn't do anything wrong in either of those situations. You are way ahead in both situations preflop. You can't go wrong getting all your money in when you are ahead. In the KK hand you have 69% equity. In the AA hand you have 87% equity.

These are simply bad beats. They are both incredibly frustrating, but you have to take some positive out of these situations. You played these hands IMO in a standard and profitable fashion. These were both +EV situations and you should not let these bad beats from deterring you from doing the exact same thing in the future.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

In that situation there is nothing you could have done it was bad luck. Since this happens to you alot maybe you shouldnt put all your chips in preflop no matter what hand it is unless you need a double up. I've folded AA before because I didnt want to risk my whole stack for any cards preflop. I may be a little too careful sometimes but I don't get sucked out on or bad beat often because I protect my hands and my stack. But I would have made the same call there. I hope I'm making sense lol

Ok so next one and O btw the first one was today and the second was yesterday. Thats all i played so far in 2 days so onto the next day! 11/28 played 2 games.

So no bad beat first game that day onto second game.

Antes 25 blinds 200 400
    I have Aj and spursfan has been playin some real TRASH so he raises to 1200 pre i push for 5210 spurs calls he turns over K10 off. First how can he call that reraise?
    Flop 6h5dJd
    Turn Kd
    River Ad

I feel like i made the right play by tryin to force him off his BS hand which i knew he had BS cause i had seen him called down and showing trash for the wins. So am i wrong again for tryin to get him to fold his trash?

Quote Originally Posted by StephyMarieC View Post
    In that situation there is nothing you could have done it was bad luck. Since this happens to you alot maybe you shouldnt put all your chips in preflop no matter what hand it is unless you need a double up. I've folded AA before because I didnt want to risk my whole stack for any cards preflop. I may be a little too careful sometimes but I don't get sucked out on or bad beat often because I protect my hands and my stack. But I would have made the same call there. I hope I'm making sense lol
    The only situation you should be folding AA preflop is when ICM tells you too. For those who don't know, ICM in a nut shell is your equity in the prize money of a tournament. There are situations where the risk of an all in is not worth the gain in prize money. These situations are few and far between, and with AA against single opponents like the OPs hands I still might call because i'm such a huge favorite.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast