Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar

I hate straight draw donks

Why is it that every time I get involved with someone shoving on a straight draw I lose? I'm not folding my set, I'm making the right decision, but that straight comes for them every time.

shots are worse but ya gotta win those and no you shouldnt fold that set
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

PokerOwned Veteran
    Forget about straight draws..it's the flush draws tat kill me

Elite PokerOwned Member
    The odds of hitting an open ended or double gut shot draw are very close to that of a flush draw (1 out less). I don't like to do this very often as I play low levels, where people tend to make a lot of loose calls and too many people are generally in the hand but, IMO these are good hands to make a semi-bluff with. Still, as long as you have the best hand when you call, you are almost always the favorite and if not so, it is generally not much more than a coin flip. And if they don't hit the turn, you will be the favorite going into the river. In the long run you will win more often than you lose.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    sounds like a run of bad luck... that river can be a monster pretty often.... maybe you shoud have bet more aggressive after the turn and your opponent would have folded

PokerOwned Veteran
    thats really not true. You have to pay attention over time. if you play right and tight you will have more wins than the ''Drawers" almost more than one third

PokerOwned Veteran
    ive been losing to a lot of full house / quad draws lately, not so much straight and flush draws.

PokerOwned God
    I'm sure there are times when they miss, but just because you feel it's going to come don't fold your set. Unless of course, it's an ugly board.

"Fun" fact, in 2414 attempts on Merge with open ended straight draws in my hand history (both against me and in my possession) 1332 of them have hit. I hit 21% of mine, my opponents 63% of theirs. (The same thing with flushes and backdoor flushes is even worse.)

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    wow, how did u find those statistics??? seems like i never hit mine! LOL unless i fold!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast