Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar

THREE Royal Flushes in 285 Hands

Yesterday I played about 200 hands on Carbon and happened to see a royal flush. Ok. That is cool. But...

Today I played in Carbon's weekly Maximus ME Free roll where the top 5 finishers receive a coupon to the Maximus Main Event ($215). Three hands into the thing someone at my table hit a runner, runner, runner royal flush. Approximately 50 hands later, while seated at the exact same table another person hit a runner, runner royal flush.

So I have three thoughts on the matter:

1) If I used conventional poker math* I just witnessed almost 800,000 hands worth of Royal Flushes in a matter of less than 24 hours and of course I did just that, witness, instead of receive the holy grail hand of every single poker player. So I can expect to see another around the time the Cubs are competitive again ie; 2016.

*conventional poker math and poker on the Merge Network is an oxymoron in the highest sense.

2) What does playing poker on Carbon have in common with the Boston Marathon Bombers??

They can both be counted on to hit a couple of runners causing another serious pain....

3) The Merge Network's Random Number Generator needs a look under the hood because it is seriously fucked up. I realize part of the pussification of the world is making everyone happy by artificially building up our self-esteem with trophies for everyone, no winners or losers lest a child feel bad because they suck at something. But Merge must not have gotten the memo that this Bullshit does not extend to the game of poker. A game based solely on winning and losing. So stop handing out Royal Flushes like they are on sale Wal-Mart and rewarding shitty players with a miracle river every other time some idiot puts his money in bad and deserves to lose.

just a few thoughts?

And I see another one in the next day I am never ever playing merge again. Got that. Never.

Seasoned Veteran
    I have Never even been at table where one was dealt.. live or online. thats just nuts.

Experienced Member
    Ive hit one in my entire lifetime, and only seen one in my lifetime. To see three in one day thats just insanity. Freakin merge lol

Seasoned Veteran
    yea merge is ridiculous i've had two royal flushes in a span of like 36 hours, its really crazy stuff.

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilZelkin View Post
    just a few thoughts?
    Been the common refrain of many a poker player since the first games in 1998 or so and on every site since. Seeing that Carbon is open to HUDs and Cash Came Datamining, it is statistically one of the last places something would be wrong with the RNG without someone smarter than all of you (and me) to bring it up. If I have heard the comment, they juice the game with high hand cards and high hands, one time I have heard it a million times from people who are busy observing things instead of mathematically discussing them or trying to show mathematically they are right.

If the distribution patterns were outside the normal standard deviation, I am positive we would have heard about it from one of the 2+2 highly intelligent math analysts.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilZelkin View Post
    Yesterday I played about 200 hands on Carbon and happened to see a royal flush. Ok. That is cool. But...

Today I played in Carbon's weekly Maximus ME Free roll where the top 5 finishers receive a coupon to the Maximus Main Event ($215). Three hands into the thing someone at my table hit a runner, runner, runner royal flush. Approximately 50 hands later, while seated at the exact same table another person hit a runner, runner royal flush.

So I have three thoughts on the matter:

1) If I used conventional poker math* I just witnessed almost 800,000 hands worth of Royal Flushes in a matter of less than 24 hours and of course I did just that, witness, instead of receive the holy grail hand of every single poker player. So I can expect to see another around the time the Cubs are competitive again ie; 2016.

*conventional poker math and poker on the Merge Network is an oxymoron in the highest sense.

2) What does playing poker on Carbon have in common with the Boston Marathon Bombers??

They can both be counted on to hit a couple of runners causing another serious pain....

3) The Merge Network's Random Number Generator needs a look under the hood because it is seriously fucked up. I realize part of the pussification of the world is making everyone happy by artificially building up our self-esteem with trophies for everyone, no winners or losers lest a child feel bad because they suck at something. But Merge must not have gotten the memo that this Bullshit does not extend to the game of poker. A game based solely on winning and losing. So stop handing out Royal Flushes like they are on sale Wal-Mart and rewarding shitty players with a miracle river every other time some idiot puts his money in bad and deserves to lose.

just a few thoughts?
    man been playing years never seen one unless you count "video poker" lol yeah I do agree merge network is odds are donked mainly play BCP

Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    Been the common refrain of many a poker player since the first games in 1998 or so and on every site since. Seeing that Carbon is open to HUDs and Cash Came Datamining, it is statistically one of the last places something would be wrong with the RNG without someone smarter than all of you (and me) to bring it up. If I have heard the comment, they juice the game with high hand cards and high hands, one time I have heard it a million times from people who are busy observing things instead of mathematically discussing them or trying to show mathematically they are right.

If the distribution patterns were outside the normal standard deviation, I am positive we would have heard about it from one of the 2+2 highly intelligent math analysts.
    Maybe the Highly Intelligent math geeks from 2 + 2 understand Merge's operation for what it is, a illegitimate placeholder that will be a non-entity when legalized online poker returns to the USA, and thus, deserves little or no attention from those who love to expose sketchy online poker situations.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Royal Flushes are rare in poker to see this happen at the same table in one game is surprising

Is Merge Poker Rigged? Test results - Merge network.

thats the only site thats done tests on merge, and they are results tests, not distribution tests
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast