Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61853.58

Elite PokerOwned Member

Computer/Internet issues causing me emotional distress

So, I just signed up for the Bovada freeroll. Like yesterday I was able to sign up, but then my internet went down just in time to prevent me from playing. And, of course, just long enough to prevent me from playing. This is the second day in a row it has happened and I literally had to walk out of the room before I put my hand though my monitor. (Yea, I probably have some anger issues). I just drives me nuts every time it happens and I can feel my frustration boiling up so fast. I also get like this when I have the nuts, or I am short stacked close to the bubble, and then bam there goes the internet. It never seems to go out when I have rags, which is by far the better percentage of the time. I guess what I am trying to say is, AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!

are you using a router?
    If not maybe see about a new isp, I am not sure if you use a major one like comcast, etc..

PokerOwned Veteran
    Why is your internet going down in the first place? Contact your ISP and tell em there's a problem.

PokerOwned Veteran
    that happens alot on dial-up. lol just kidding.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I am in a rural area, and we are very limited as to providers. Either, DSL (which we have) or Satellite internet. I guess one would be just as good as the other. When it storms the DSL goes out anyway. I have contacted our provider numerous time. I've received several free months, new equipment, and had technicians out at least a dozen times. And sadly, believe it or not, it works a lot better than it did at the beginning of the year. Luckily, I have a 4g phone, a tethering app, and unlimited data though Verizon. Truth be told, last time I ran the computers internet though my phone and ran a speed test It downloaded 3x faster than our DSL. I would get rid of the DSL and just use my phone all the time if it wasn't for the other people in the house, the need for Wi-Fi to run the tablets, and the fact that while tethered, my phone slowly drains instead of charging and would die in just a few hours. Still, the answer will be to try to remember to tether up before registering as it will serve as a fail safe.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FinishingLast View Post
    I am in a rural area, and we are very limited as to providers. Either, DSL (which we have) or Satellite internet. I guess one would be just as good as the other. When it storms the DSL goes out anyway. I have contacted our provider numerous time. I've received several free months, new equipment, and had technicians out at least a dozen times. And sadly, believe it or not, it works a lot better than it did at the beginning of the year. Luckily, I have a 4g phone, a tethering app, and unlimited data though Verizon. Truth be told, last time I ran the computers internet though my phone and ran a speed test It downloaded 3x faster than our DSL. I would get rid of the DSL and just use my phone all the time if it wasn't for the other people in the house, the need for Wi-Fi to run the tablets, and the fact that while tethered, my phone slowly drains instead of charging and would die in just a few hours. Still, the answer will be to try to remember to tether up before registering as it will serve as a fail safe.
    That I have in dark black quote,should not be happening at all in any weather.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sweet247 View Post
    That I have in dark black quote,should not be happening at all in any weather.
    Oh, I know. And I've reported it so many times. The fact is, I'm sure, my area doesn't produce enough revenue to pay for the need repairs/upgrades. And from a business standpoint, I understand that. I just wish they would come out and say it.

i can somewhat relate to this ive got an engineer coming out to see me today because my nets been dropping out at least twice a day for the last month or so, fair play to my isp there customer service has been impeccable
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol