Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63934.56

Thread: Matusow Esque

Matusow Esque

I can honestly say I don't know where this came from. I don't know if it's repressed anger from some killer bad beats I've taken lately or something in my local water supply. Today in the PO 4pm I survived 2 all ins and was looking really nice. Then with 12 people left I got 99. I meant to raise but hit call. That irked me a little because this was a definite raise situation. So the flop comes out 7810. The small blind goes all in for half my stack. I know he has a ten but from some insane reason I decide I'm going for the straight. Something I literally never do. The turn and river are blanks.

Then as if further channeling Mike Matusow I push my stack into 2 ppl who already raised and re-raised (again knowing da#n well I'm behind if not crushed) with 6h4h. Rightfully I was KO'd and I sat there dumbfounded about what I just did in the last 2 minutes. Did I mention not only was I playing like a donkey but I WAS the donkey! So close and I shoot myself. I know we all tilt and this isn't my first time, just not too many times where I've tilted with no reason whatsoever. I keep telling myself it's only a free roll but I take this place waaaaay to seriously as far as being competitive goes. Sitting out the 7pm but Ill be back for my fix at 10 and 11.

Elite PokerOwned Member maxima191's Avatar
    BiPolar Disorder is Matusow's mental illness of choice most of the time he skips the meds
    "Take My Bankroll-Plz!"

this was funny , i enjoyed ur post. especiallly the matusow part LOL. he used to be one of my fav players to watch, on tv. then one year i was in las vegas, during the WSOP, and watched him play a lot, in 2009. he was as calm and quiet as possible at the table. haha. weell GL and i think we all have done that for no reason from time to time too.

PokerOwned Pro
    nice post enjoyed reading it lol thanks

PokerOwned God
    Misclicking sucks. It's cost me some hands, but coincidentally, I've also won some nice pots with misclicks.

PokerOwned God
    I'll fix you. For 1 tourney only. Have rules - no ifs ands or buts. Thsi is a Tilt breaker to get u back on track.

Rule #1: For the first hour fold all but Any pocket pairs larger then 10 10 and shove them all-in Pre Flop
    Rule #2: IF you have dbled up, stay with Rule #1. If not, in the second hour, 20 people left to Bubble: HU in blinds or VS Button: Shove AQs, AKs, AK and AQ and PP's of 99 or better. IF you get short stacked (I mean realy SS - like $600 left) near Bubble then shove anything HU in a Blind and hope your 40% catches.

EZ Rules, no tilting, follow the rules. You may run into AA, KK but your more likely to run into 10's, 9's, AXs etc and have your $ in good. Hell, you catch a set and you might triple up. Most big stacks will pay you off will absolute crap (i.e. A rag, KJ, anything suited, connectors etc)
    Last edited by LaserCats; 12-05-2012 at 10:15 AM.