Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Experienced Member

Getting it in good, then get drawn out on...twice

Carbon 3.30 Turbo. I'm UTG with about 40 BBs. I have the everybody at the table covered except UTG+2 who has 45 BBs. I get 2 black 5s. Min raise hoping to flop a set or get through to the blinds. UTG+2 calls, folds around to the button who has about 7 BBs. Button calls leaving him with about 5 BBs left. Blinds fold. Flop comes 3 5 A, two hearts. I'm 100% good in this spot. Aces will re-raise, and 24 is never calling. I do a C-bet of 2.5 BBs. UTG+2 calls, so I put him on a weak A, 2-pair or flush draw. Button then ships. He has to ship at this point I re-raise all in hoping to isolate and price out a flush draw but to my shock UTG+2 calls. Turns out my read was right, UTG+2 has A9 1 heart, and and button has 46 no hearts. Turn is 7h. River is the 10h. Put it in good, get busted by the hand that had no business calling...sad face.

PokerOwned Veteran
    pretty standard bad beat, cant win turneys without those hands holding.

Experienced Member
    I know, still is no fun when it happens. I win that hand I'm chip leader. Even if the button hits his straight, if a heart doesn't peal off on the river I'm basically guaranteed to finish ITM.

PokerOwned God
    Sorry about that dude, but that is poker.

PokerOwned God
    I'm constantlyu trying to figure out what it takes to get limpers/donks to fold their rags as I go through the tourney. No getting away from your hand there. bad beat. But you could raise more pre flop - show KK instead of 55 - which may be what he put you on. board pairs up you lose.