Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64545.57

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I fold this preflop and not get into it with the bigger stack and wait.

What do you think I should do with this hand. Did I just get unlucky or should I fold this preflop and wait to get into it with the smaller stacks instead of the bigger stack????

Game ID: 240128321 100/200 $3 Regular 9-Max, Table 1 (Hold'em)
    Seat 4 is the button
    Seat 1: TooDrunkToMuck (5415).
    Seat 4: StlRounder314 (4325).
    Seat 5: AFishInTheSea (1740).
    Seat 8: 5sebas (2020).
    Player AFishInTheSea has small blind (100)
    Player 5sebas has big blind (200)
    Player AFishInTheSea received a card.
    Player AFishInTheSea received a card.
    Player 5sebas received a card.
    Player 5sebas received a card.
    Player TooDrunkToMuck received a card.
    Player TooDrunkToMuck received a card.
    Player StlRounder314 received card: [Ad]
    Player StlRounder314 received card: [Kc]
    Player TooDrunkToMuck raises (500)
    Player StlRounder314 raises (1000)
    Player AFishInTheSea folds
    Player 5sebas folds
    Player TooDrunkToMuck calls (500)
    *** FLOP ***: [6h Ac 10h]
    Player TooDrunkToMuck checks
    Player StlRounder314 bets (2000)
    Player TooDrunkToMuck allin (4415)
    Player StlRounder314 allin (1325)
    Uncalled bet (1090) returned to TooDrunkToMuck
    *** TURN ***: [6h Ac 10h] [7h]
    *** RIVER ***: [6h Ac 10h 7h] [As]
    ------ Summary ------
    Pot: 8950. Rake 0
    Board: [6h Ac 10h 7h As]
    *Player TooDrunkToMuck shows: Full House (10/A) [10c 10d]. Bets: 4325. Collects: 8950. Wins: 4625.
    Player StlRounder314 shows: Three Of Kind of As [Ad Kc]. Bets: 4325. Collects: 0. Loses: 4325.
    Player AFishInTheSea does not show cards.Bets: 100. Collects: 0. Loses: 100.
    Player 5sebas does not show cards.Bets: 200. Collects: 0. Loses: 200.
    Game ended at: 2014/1/7 13:59

Once you get to that flop nothing much you can do there - he's gonna push after you bet no matter what, and unless you really think he flopped 2 pair or better, it's a tough laydown.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

PokerOwned Demi-God
    No matter what you did here this hand, you was destined to lose its jus that simple, sad to say but true!! Once seeing the flop like rivdee said its tough laydown!!

LJM3000
    That's a tough go, you cant really put him on anything big and he was going to push you or bet big if you check. Sometimes its just not meant to be. With so many people playing marginal hands that's a tough laydown.

PokerOwned Pro
    Im not so sure a fold after he check raises isn't out of order here. Depending on how well you know the player, it may seem obvious, I guess that's one reason to use trackers - you would see how often he makes this move with a set. This is one reason while I detest AK, especially late in a tourney if you have a good size stack. If you were near the bubble then I would never confront a big stack with AK after they raise preflop...I might have folded to his check raise, just not worth it....but if its early or already after the bubble then you were right on target.

PokerOwned Pro
    the answer lies in this statement

If you were the villain here, would you make the same moves throughout with a hand like AQ? The answer better be no because the story doesn't make sense. He either has complete air (which is a tuff buy considering his stack size UNLESS you notice he has been bluffing all day) or a monster (at least tied with your hand, and god help you if he has AK hearts here). The only other hand besides a set that would make sense would be KQ or QJ hearts, and even then you may want to consider folding because the bubble is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitjunkie View Post
    Im not so sure a fold after he check raises isn't out of order here. Depending on how well you know the player, it may seem obvious, I guess that's one reason to use trackers - you would see how often he makes this move with a set. This is one reason while I detest AK, especially late in a tourney if you have a good size stack. If you were near the bubble then I would never confront a big stack with AK after they raise preflop...I might have folded to his check raise, just not worth it....but if its early or already after the bubble then you were right on target.
    But here's the problem with the entire play - he only has 1300 behind him; he HAS to call to win the 7700 in the pot. That's why the size of the bets here made this problematic, he priced himself in.

<br/>

PokerOwned Pro
    maybe - but you still have a chance of making the cut with 1325 left and another has only 1740, and another 2020, blinds werent cheap but not a killer for a round of hands you may dbl up on. That being said, the bet of 2000 was a little steep here, if you bet 1200-1500 you get the same result from the villain - AI. Then you still have a decent size stack left to fold.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitjunkie View Post
    maybe - but you still have a chance of making the cut with 1325 left and another has only 1740, and another 2020, blinds werent cheap but not a killer for a round of hands you may dbl up on. That being said, the bet of 2000 was a little steep here, if you bet 1200-1500 you get the same result from the villain - AI. Then you still have a decent size stack left to fold.
    And that makes all the difference in the world odds wise here.

<br/>

PokerOwned Pro

Now if your only motive is to win outright, then it was the right play. But I am a long-term person, any cash is a good cash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast