Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61249.24

Sergeant

Follow up to FML - A Story in getting tilted.

This is a follow up to my original FML thread. I made a new thread, but its purpose and content is a bit different.

So about 24hrs later, I am thinking a bit different about this a bit different, and I think the tilt forum is the best place for this. I am still irked about this hand a bit (it was a bit of a roller coaster), but I think this is an excellent example of getting really Tilted and what happens lol.

Yesterday morning I wasn't have the best run at the cards. My first 3 SNG's yesterday I lost on the bubble. I was playing fairly tight and not playing a bunch of stupid hands or making stupid bets/calls (they came later on in the morning). But what I was running into was lovely people playing extremely lose and getting lucky, so when their was 4 of us left, I was sitting around 800-1100, with everyone else having 3k+.

When this happens, limping in, or coming in weak rarely happens. So picking my battles, three SNG's in a row I got knocked out on the bubble with a dominant preflop hand (I was pushed all in 2 times preflop). The third hand I had A-Q and was on the button. I make a preflop raise raise, and I get called by I think the BB (who ended up having J-5). Flop comes out Q-3-6 (don't remember the suits, but I don't think there was a serious flush threat). I go all in (about 3/4) of the pot and he calls. I see he does not have anything until he runner runners a fucking straight.

So this is where the Tilt really set in. So the next 3 SNG's I was a bit pissed and wanted to go Donk hunting (and ended up making a Donk out of myself). This lead me to more situations like the one in the original post. About $5 dollars later (my bankroll on carbon is still rather small, $12 before all of this), I finally decided to get away from the SNG's.

I am still getting use to these lower stakes. I just started on Carbon a couple weeks ago (about the same time I started on this site). Prior to Carbon I didn't play poker online for about 14 months (mainly due to a deployment). So missed Black Friday (read about it, but didn't really hit me). Before that I had a decent bank roll on Full Tilt and was playing mainly in $5-20 SNG's and tourneys (played the $33 tourneys a lot too). Played the $3-6 rings. There you saw a lot less of this, lets have 3 people go all in on the first hand pre-flop. And people chasing you down to the river with a 2 card straight draw. I am adjusting still I guess.

Anyways, since this area is for Tilts (and bragging), I thought I would share my story on getting tilted and screwing myself over a result. I know this is rather small stakes, but I am not depositing cash in to Carbon anytime soon, and so this about 40% of my current bankroll, which I am trying to build up to get out of the basement.

PokerOwned God
    Ouch sounds rough fml is to much for poker though

#NiggasInParis

Sergeant
    I am throwing FML around as loosely as the all-ins on a 50 cent SNG

No, life is going along pretty good right now.

PokerOwned God
    Yes, you definitely not want to make a deposit until things get sorted out a little better. Just play for fun and don't get tilted.

PokerOwned Master
    the micro stake on carbon are donktastic! i try to identify who i think the donks are and tread very carefully when playing with them. if at all possible i try to play small ball with them unless i have nuts just so i don't bust to a suck out. and if you're tilting may i suggest either stepping away for bit to cool down or go the play money site and have fun being a donk yourself. good luck at the table.

Corporal
    lmao get used to it, motherfuckers calling you with J10 sounds about standeard, then hitting runner runner straight.... on carbon your never ahead untill your behind