Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar

Angry Bad play or bad beat?

Its the final table of a freeroll on Carbon Poker. I managed to amass a stack size of 40 BB. There's this monster stack to my left. I get 89 suited on the button. Its folded to me and I raise 3X the BB. The SB calls and the BB folds.
    The flop comes A73 rainbow. He checks and I throw out a pot sized continuation bet. He calls and the turn card shows a 2 which is of no help to me. He checks and I check. The river card is a King. He checks again and I throw out a bluff of 2/3 the pot. He min-raises me.

Here's the problem.

With all the community cards out they look like A732K. Remember I have 89 suited which means that I can beat only a very small range of unlikely holdings from my opponent. Basically the only thing I can beat is a bluff. Perhaps he has been studying me or uses Pokertracker and knows that I am a pro and knows that I am likely to bluff. I'm thinking to myself that even if he's not bluffing, there's a good chance that he will fold to pressure. After all its the final table.

I take one last look at my stack and realize that I am pot committed because over 1/3 of my stack is in the pot. If I fold now I will have only 14 BB left give or take a SB or two. I praise Jesus and push in the last of my stack in the pot.

He snap calls with pocket kings.

I am still hurting from that. I think I might take a break. I always muck it up like this. How do I stop doing stupid stuff?

Survey Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    Its the final table of a freeroll on Carbon Poker. I managed to amass a stack size of 40 BB. There's this monster stack to my left. I get 89 suited on the button. Its folded to me and I raise 3X the BB. The SB calls and the BB folds.
    The flop comes A73 rainbow. He checks and I throw out a pot sized continuation bet. He calls and the turn card shows a 2 which is of no help to me. He checks and I check. The river card is a King. He checks again and I throw out a bluff of 2/3 the pot. He min-raises me.

Here's the problem.

With all the community cards out they look like A732K. Remember I have 89 suited which means that I can beat only a very small range of unlikely holdings from my opponent. Basically the only thing I can beat is a bluff. Perhaps he has been studying me or uses Pokertracker and knows that I am a pro and knows that I am likely to bluff. I'm thinking to myself that even if he's not bluffing, there's a good chance that he will fold to pressure. After all its the final table.

I take one last look at my stack and realize that I am pot committed because over 1/3 of my stack is in the pot. If I fold now I will have only 14 BB left give or take a SB or two. I praise Jesus and push in the last of my stack in the pot.

I am still hurting from that. I think I might take a break. I always muck it up like this. How do I stop doing stupid stuff?
    First of all... you should've shut down after realizing the guy doesn't fold after the flop.

Realizing that you are a pro huh? This is a horrible play. Also, 1/3 of your stack is 13BBs. You had plenty to come back and win; so even after the idiotic plays that you made, you could've still came back.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    if your pro.. you should know the answer to your own question

PokerOwned Master
    I agree that if you are as good as you say you are you would have known that he had something to begin with and that you should have checked the river. Even though it was the final table it was after all a freeroll. Better luck next time.

Huh? Your posts have no substance whatsoever.

ok i am confused now ... ???

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdione View Post
    I agree that if you are as good as you say you are you would have known that he had something to begin with and that you should have checked the river. Even though it was the final table it was after all a freeroll. Better luck next time.
    I thought he was floating me.

TON is Gone.
    Huh? Your posts have no substance whatsoever.
    ACTUALLY, your play had no substance
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

LLB King

Here's the problem.

Horrible play on your part, in no way was this a bad beat.

I'm starting to think I should have double barreled. He would have folded the kings.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast