Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013 Derby Poker Championship in Louisville, KY 5/2/13

Here are some of the pictures I promised some of you from the Derby Poker Championship sponsored by Hogwild Poker, Jim Beam, and Bluff Magazine. It was a charity event for the Susan G Komen Foundation. The buy in was $550 with $200 add on for 5,000 chips and I won one of the VIP packages on HWP. I was seated at Hall of Fame College Basketball coach Denny Crum from the University of Louisville (coached during two championship titles) table and that who I am in the picture with. I will post more photos soon.

IMG_0436.jpgIMG_0437.jpgIMG_0438.jpg

How did you do in the tourney?

PokerOwned Veteran
    How did you do? We need to know, you can't just tell us you were in a big tournament and leave it at that.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    hell yeah man howd u do, i bet u had a blst no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by AcesUp1439 View Post
    How did you do in the tourney?
    I took 10th out of 95 players, took home a pair of Oakley glasses and some HWP swag for KO of a HWP employee. Top 6 took cash, most donated it back to the charity Susan G Komen, Scott Pollard took 4th, NBA player with Celtics during a championship, so I final tabled no cash. I CAN say however, I outlasted Helmuth AND Jennifer Tilley (notice Phil had a drink before the game even started while talking to Crum ha ha). Most celebs and pros were WASTED by the time the tourney started!

The actor from Prison Break, The Longest Yard, Perfect Storm, and the Dark Knight Rises was there too, a couple others showed up like 2012 Miss America, and a few other pros like Robert Williamson III. By the end of it I was wasted, it was open bar all night. I almost took a watch home too (two spots away from the watches). Regardless, had a blast! Will definitely want to go next year if your close, my buddy bought a guest ticket for a hundred bucks, and he said it was worth every dollar just seeing the celebs, he talked to Tilly for 10-15 min smoking a cig out in the patio.

Quote Originally Posted by NateVest View Post
    I took 10th out of 95 players, took home a pair of Oakley glasses and some HWP swag for KO of a HWP employee. Top 6 took cash, most donated it back to the charity Susan G Komen, Scott Pollard took 4th, NBA player with Celtics during a championship, so I final tabled no cash. I CAN say however, I outlasted Helmuth AND Jennifer Tilley (notice Phil had a drink before the game even started while talking to Crum ha ha). Most celebs and pros were WASTED by the time the tourney started!
    That's awesome man making the Final Table and outlasting hellmuth. Good job.

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Sounds very eventful and a lot of fun to hang out with a few celebs. Very nice, Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by shellabella View Post
    Sounds very eventful and a lot of fun to hang out with a few celebs. Very nice, Nate.
    Thanks Shells! VERY unique experience, never played a charity event in that small of venue. Very intimate setting with some big names. Most seemed to be tossing around chips, taking full advantage of the open bar while I was tuned in playing every hand. I was pretty happy with my finish, should have some official results posted in Bluff Mag soon I can post for you guys. If you are close it is def worth it to come down Derby weekend next year!

PokerOwned God
    Very nice. I have HogWild installed but never played a game there, yet. I will have to check it out more for sure.
    Congrats on the great time.
    So does "my" Tilly smoke cigs? lol Maybe I will have to start smoking again haha anything for that broad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast