Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64182.19

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

donk poker at it's finest

This is why micro-stake and freerolls are crazy. Mind you this is level 1 and the blinds are only 5/10. The pot get bloated big time due to a pre-flop 5-bet between 2 player and 2 flatters and of course no-one folds.

Screen shot 2012-03-08 at 3.45.39 PM.jpg

Four people in the pot, the two pre-flop aggressors and two flatters. Flop comes with A high dry board and the guy who's flatted a 3, 4 and 5 bet in early position with q 10 off then "donk bets" (assuming everyone here knows the def. of donk bet) into the three people, which is fine if he has a strong hand and thinks he can get value. However his bet sizing is comical. The pot is 1010 (again blinds are 5/10) and the guy min. bets 10 chips into the pot! He then gets raised with 1/4 pot-sized bet by the pre-flop aggressor and flats again with middle pair and Q kicker. Only one person drops post flop, so now it's the two pre-flop aggressor and flatter in early position with Q-10.

Turn comes a blank and this time he calls a shove for the remainder of his stack (~500) and somehow wins the pot.

This is why I say micro-stake and freerolls are more about luck than skill. But it's funny to watch.
    Last edited by joefine; 03-08-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Worst.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Demi-God
    this wud b tons of fun lol

Banned
    LMFAO, always cracks me up when someone does a thread like that, once, just once i would like to see someone posting the hundreds if not thousands of worst suckouts they do to others, oh yeah, cause when you do it it's justice right, my ass, grow some balls and talk about your bad beats laid, can almost bet you gave more than you received.

none of u had anything to be betting with there was an A on the board and which none of the players had this tells me u are all as bad as each other just so happens that one of u had a tiny teeny bit more luck than the other 2
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned God
    i agree that lower tables hqave alot of donks especially santiago in carbon the worse

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    oh yes that is why i prefer carbon over cake and the other ones, no pros claim to play on it, however it has the best software for us players

Public freerolls are the worst, but we need the donks. Yes it sucks when they call and hit, but in the end, as long as you are getting it in good, you will come out ahead.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjustin View Post
    LMFAO, always cracks me up when someone does a thread like that, once, just once i would like to see someone posting the hundreds if not thousands of worst suckouts they do to others, oh yeah, cause when you do it it's justice right, my ass, grow some balls and talk about your bad beats laid, can almost bet you gave more than you received.
    This was not a bad beat story, i wasn't even involved with the pot. i folded preflop. i posted this because i found it funny how many things were done poorly in this hand.

1) people don't understand bet sizing. 10 into a pot 1010 give someone odds so 100 to 1. With those pot odds you give a guy with any random 2 cards to call hoping to catch runner-runner. Heck with those pot odds, it would be the right call to make if you had pocket pair and were hoping to catch quads! In live poker tell me when you will ever see pot odds of 110 to 1?

2) the guy who flatted with q 10 off and who eventually won, should have never been in the hand in the first place. maybe calling a 3-bet in early position is okay if you think you're against a aggressive maniac - marginal at best but calling a 5 bet in a 4 way pot is just plain spewy.

3) the guy who 5 bet-preflop committing half his stack then committed 3/4 his stack post-flop folded! He was left with 10 bb. I can only assume he had a big pair but was scared of the Ace on the flop but when you've committed 3/4 of your stack you are pot committed. Folding and leaving back 10 bigs is not an optimal play.

4) As for your bet about giving bad beats - of course I've got my money in bad and sucked out. If you haven't you either haven't played enough or are lying. As for giving more than I take I'll take the bet. I'm such a nit. I know when to lay down top pair with weak kickers or even full-houses on a double paired board when I have the lower full house. But then again those calls depends on my read of the opponent and the pot odds - which this example demonstrates is a skill lacking in players at this level.
    Last edited by joefine; 03-18-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Thats why i try and stay out of the donk(free)rolls. Luck takes over way too much. I dont play many shit hands so i get easily frustrated with donks winning with BS hands. I figure i get to give out a bad sukout once for every 20 i take.
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast