Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70841.68

Thread: dat hero call

dat hero call

I had this hand come up at the final table of the $250 gtd today, where a loose opener opened utg. Now normally their range is supposed to be narrower there, but I do not think they are good enough to understand positional ranges and I think they are in the mindset that any hand they open they will open with static strength that is the same in every situation. So really there range is probably K10o+, K9s+, Axs, A8+o, any pair, broadway cards, etc.Well they called my 3bet, which a fish would likely do with any hand they opened. The flop came out all clubs and I don't have a club and 10 high so my AK are still overs. I felt really strongly that any pair that hit this board or pocket pair from him would bet out, so I felt by checking, he would bet every time I was behind most of the time. This would help me narrow his range. He may also bet random King high type hands like he had to take it down, but he may also check those as well. Same goes for random one high club hands.Now the turn peels a Queen. I checked again. I am positive any Queen would bet here, so when he checks behind I know his range is Ax that missed, Kx that missed, random small pairs he check, and sets/flopped flushes that played weird/fishy and missed ton of value.So when I check to him, I'm beating like 95% of his range and getting a great price to call and I can snap it off with just my ace high and take down a nice little pot.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 11-08-2013 at 03:05 AM.

PokerOwned Master
    nice hero callll!!

with that board and you explaining the hand, you had to have a read on him to call any river bet as 2's kills you!!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned God
    nice call and a good explanation of your thoughts

PokerOwned Master
    That is really deadly hero call! nice story, useful for all beginners players, there is a huge hand so far. Well done!

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    interesting, something i'd wanna watch... I usually try to watch this player paulDkid from PokerStars... he's just insane sometimes...
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eqgh5uea View Post
    interesting, something i'd wanna watch... I usually try to watch this player paulDkid from PokerStars... he's just insane sometimes...
    the jersey shore kid is pretty good

Interesting . Don't like those hands.lol
    -GodzAmongKingz
    GodzAmongKingz