Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63867.55

Crazy Hero Call or Just Plain Crazy?

I'm playing OPS #39 for $215 100k gtd and this super aggro player raises preflop to like 3.5 bbs when everyone else has been min raising. He had played a ton of hands and he just smelled fish to me.
    A bunch of calls happen and we take the pot 4 ways and I have 1010 with a spade.
    Flop comes out 3 spades and I bet my over pair for protection because any face card spade, or a bunch of other combo hands could peel and it's scary with 3 others in the pot. The opener raises.
    Initially I thought he could be doing this with a set for flush protection, but he'd raise a lot more with that to shut a flush out but keep strong hands like mine or stronger in, so unless he didn't understand that, it couldn't be that.
    Then I thought about if he flopped a flush and I thought it was possible, but I wasn't sure if he'd play it that fast if it were the nut flush and because he raised preflop I thought he wouldn't have raised that big without a bigger hand.
    He could have just an ace or king of spades, but then I'd be ahead.
    If he has a bigger pair than 10's then hopefully my spade gives me like 40% equity. And that felt like the worst case scenario and I'm getting great pot odds at this point.
    Anyways he slows down on the turn and I thought there is not way in H$^@ he'd slow down with a made low flush or set because of the scariness of the board and if he had a strong flush, wouldn't he want to build a pot?
    So when the turn peels a 4 straight, TONS of hands beat me, but if he raised preflop why would he hold any of them? Would he bet that big on the river by picking up a set? How could he have a 7? His line made no sense and while he may have dumbly raised like 77 or some bs, no hand made sense for him and it felt as if he was just trying to push me off the pot but making me play for my tournament life.
    I called. And wow did he ever play like horseshit. But I'm sitting as a chip leader playing for 30k or so for 1st. Weee. Wish me luck.

I'll wish you luck and mean it honestly, but the post seems like a combination of burning off excess adrenaline and a desire to get a bunch of pats on the back for a good read and call, and I usually don't comment on those, so I'll refrain this time as well.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    I'll wish you luck and mean it honestly, but the post seems like a combination of burning off excess adrenaline and a desire to get a bunch of pats on the back for a good read and call, and I usually don't comment on those, so I'll refrain this time as well.
    Yeah, pretty much both. haha
    I have an ego. Shocker I know.

Either 214 is playing poker tournaments while tripping on hallucinogens or he was definitely trying to raise you off the hand.
    Whatever he was doing he is an idiot IMO and won't survive long in tournaments pulling chit like that. Good for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Meh, we all do. I think the need to burn off that adrenaline is important, though.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Why is 77 a dumb raise?

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Nothing wrong with having an ego. Lots of big egos in poker.

Seasoned Veteran
    so how did you do in that 100k??