Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chopped up an air force charity tournament

Yea, so their was an air force charity tournament at the bar I normally play monday night bar poker. The original style was a shootout, where the top 2 people from the nine tables would make a final 2 tables. They ended up consolidating down to 6 tables, and taking the top 3, from each to make the final 2 tables. tickets were 20 dollars, with 20 dollar unlimited rebuy first hour (only if you were KO'd), and a single stack add on optional after the rebuy period. I was unaware of all this. I only had my original buy. There was about 80 people there and air force volunteer dealers.

45 min blinds!, i was excited for this, cause i knew i could just sit back and let idiots be idiots, and cruise to the top 3 @ my table. this plan didnt pan out exactly... I ended up being very active and accumulating chips early. Lucky I did to compensate for rebuy and add ons. We were even stacked after the hour, and then comes my 1 lucky sick hand for the night. I raise KK 3x the blind mp, 6 or 7 handed, and dumb bytch calls j9 off in the small blind. FLOP J9x. she bets, i raise, she goes all in, i call. TURN J, river K. I stood up and screamed! anyways, smooth sailing after that. I KO'd the 4th person @ our table AA<TT all in pre. Final two tables, i was just patient, adn the only move i made was all in, in good spots, to steal the blinds. this managed to get me to survive til final 2.

Funny thing is my mom called me earlier in the game and asked where i was... I told her a charity game, first place was a ipad mini 64 GB (yea the 650$ one), second was 100 dollar best buy giftcard. My family in general DOES NOT understand the variance of poker, and thinks that i am just gonna win every game that i play no sweat (event though, every live game i do play, I DO seem to win, or do very well in). Anyways, she says, "OK, WHEN you win the ipad, i wanna buy it off you." This was my plan anyway, to sell it. so I was happy to have a buyer already

Anyway, i get HU with a bar poker buddy of mine, and we make a deal to chop 1st n second evenly, drive to my mom's house n sell her the ipad for $500. We got that deal done. He and I were both only in the tournament for 1 BI. Some people were in it for 60... LOL. Anyways, it was a very good night. My mom also bought my 50 dollar best buy gift card @ 1:1, so 20 dollars, made me 300 last night. It was great

Thx for reading

this event was last night 8/8/13. lasted from 7 Pm EST thru 1AM the next day
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    sick! Nice job man. Keep up the good play...

16:24 <PooffyFooffy> sorry jayy

18:07 <gimmeabrew> @jayyy27: sorry

PokerOwned Veteran
    Nice Job congrats on winning the tournament

Very nice man!!! Congrats on winning the tourney and catching that river K for a bigger fullhouse.

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    Well written, not like the chicken-scratched accounts given by some of their conquests. Congrats on the chop, almost a need-to-chop considering the diff in value from 1st to 2nd.

P.S. So the air-force is in need of charity? Maybe they spent to much on "reaper" drones.

PokerOwned Veteran hypknautiqah's Avatar
    good job at a nice field too.(idk i dont play live much) iv played a friend headsup for first at a live tourny b4 and i did NOT agree to chop it b/c i had a 5x chip lead to begin with lol.
    She touched her boob, than touched me, from the transative properties of algebra, I GOT BOOB!! -Steve Smith

PokerOwned God
    good win

PokerOwned Veteran
    really nice, just keep playing like that, and very good tournament you did, congratulations

PokerOwned Veteran
    Wish I could win tournaments just like that, I feel so unlucky sometimes

PokerOwned Pro
    congrats bud hope you continue the luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast