Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced Member

When I lose, I lose bad!

I have a problem....

I play really well when I am ahead, I was able to build a 85 bankroll to 450 in 1 day, but I was playing 1, 2 cash.... way too high of stakes for my bankroll. Yesterday, I had 450, playing cash 1,2 and I was also in a 16.50 buy in and was in first place from the first 5 minutes until the last 20 people. First place was 900 and i thought it was mine for sure, things were looking great...

Then I chased a flush draw, lost about half my stack in the tourney, and got caugh on a bluff to lose another hand shortly after. This put me on tilt, and I also started doing poorly in the cash game. It's almost like i get bored or too confident i'll hit, and stop playing my a-game. this happens EVERYTIME. I have deposited over 10k in the last few years, always in 100-200 increments, and everytime i say i am going to play tight, but i play for too long, and start playing risky. If i'm down 50, i'll do a 50 heads up before my session end justbecause i hate being down. This is a severe case of tilt-itis, does anyone have any similar experiences? I am a very solid player, if i can just overcome this i would have good success, but nothing seems to work.

Your my hero.. I am also like this at times. It is almost a case of boredom and u just want some action so you start spewing ur stack away. When i played on full tilt i always had either a $1 sup turbo 6 man sng or a rush cash game 1c/2c open. It was in those that i spewed and got my action while keeping my discipline in the tourney or cash game that i had more riding on.

Experienced Member
    simple but genius, I'll give that a go. I took a break for 5 months because i bought a house and remodeled the entire piece of crap, and work full time, and have a side business, and was repeating this bad habit, but this time it really needs to be different, because I love poker, and would play it all day everyday if i had the winning record. I also have a fiance and a mother who would be a lot more supportive of the habit if it were profitable lol!

PokerOwned Pro
    everyone!

PokerOwned God
    if you are spewing the simple solution is log off ... there will be a cash game when you log back on and your head is clear

Experienced Member
    logging off is easy, not logging back in 5 minutes later is hard

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiveyoung View Post
    logging off is easy, not logging back in 5 minutes later is hard
    not really on the 5 minute thing (5 minutes is nothing) ... like I said games run 24/7, come back when you are not dwelling on past hands

Elite PokerOwned Member
    take a break sit out for a few minutes if you get to feeling that way and still have a good amount of chips. i think we all have felt like that before

Elite PokerOwned Member bishking's Avatar
    Illusiveyoung, maybe it work better if you didn't try to play a tourney and cash game at the same time. That's one flaw of multi-table, is that you can't focus on one game. Your BRM is a huge problem too. With no BRM, you lose faster then you gain. That's a serious problem I have yet to solve too.

Experienced Member
    thanks for the feedback guys, i have made a commitment to only do freerolls, pokerownedtourneys, and $1 sit no gos, until i feel i have a healthy bankroll and have kicked the habit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast