Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64222.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worst Chop ever!

So a little background on the tourney my brother and I played in. Its a live 10k guaranteed tourney with a 150 buy-in. It is a huge overlay as it only got 57 runners. After its all said and done there is 7760 in prizepool after they take out 10% for charity, 3% for dealers and 1300ish for 2 seats to the money event of the series and it pays 5 places(first place 3400). There is 570k in chips in play and blinds are 500/3k/6k with 7 people to go. Chips are pretty much evenly distributed between the 7 players, with my brother being the CL with ~135k. There is about 5 minutes left before break when my brother loses a 200k pot after flopping 2 pair and losing to flush on turn, so now hes down to 30k. So chip counts are as follows going into the break:

CL-200k, 2nd has about 180k, then distributed between the other 5 players is about 190k with my brother being shortstacked with 22k and UTG with blinds about to be 1k/4k/8k. So he goes for a smoke break and Im talking him thru his strategies on what he can do when one of the other short stacks comes up to him and says do u want to chop? He says the deal is even chop(1100 and change) and play for the 2 seats to the main event, without hesitation my brother says yes, and asks what does everyone else say? The guy says that everyone else already agreed to it...LMAO. Im thinking this has to be some kind of joke, dont they understand the situation and that he will be all in in the next 2 hands? Im like this cant be forreal. No fucking way...lol. Well we get back inside and the tournament director is already collecting Licenses and stuff to do the paperwork...Im like WTF? Do they just realize they GAVE u 1100 dollars? It was unreal. SO the first hand back from break he shoves and goes out in 7th and collects his 1100 (I had 25% of him) and go home... IMO it was the worst chop ever, but Ill take it.LMAO

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Wow lucky! But other 5 players have under 40k under your calculations right? So 6 players super short. But I dont get how the cl and 2nd in chips would agree to it. They can easily play out and let the others bust themselves. Good luck for your brother tho...

wowsers....yea pretty bad but still nice payout.....nice

Elite PokerOwned Member
    lol that's not the worst, thats the best (for u guys)....retarded ass chip leaders lol, i guess they were just being generous or smething

PokerOwned Pro
    well that worked out for your brother at least.. congrats

now someone was scared or not thinking clearly,but ur brother got really lucky,nice payday

PokerOwned God
    MAybe they were short on time or something - or really wanted to um... I can't think of a reason y. the CL's are just pushovers.

Well if the chop is in your favour then please do accept the deal

yeah what the fuck was the chip leaders thinking. I would have waited til he busted out then make a deal with other chip leader and give u all maybe 500 lol but nice result for u and ur brother Grats!!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Banned
    nice one for your brother, congrats!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast