Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Donk alert!! Doesn't get worse than this

Hand#3457EA3AA1000035 - $20 PokerOwned Free Roll T15350433 -- FREEROLL -- $0 + $0 -- 9 Max -- Table 2 -- 0/15/30 NL Hold'em -- 2013/09/21 - 23:15:26
    Dealer: Seat 3
    Seat 1: DooieHoer (3,240 in chips)
    Seat 2: ShiceT (985 in chips)
    Seat 3: yodaofpoker (1,940 in chips)
    Seat 5: souldemon666 (105 in chips)
    Seat 7: drh19761 (1,835 in chips)
    Seat 8: JoshWayne88 (1,530 in chips)
    Seat 10: fastkris (2,085 in chips)
    souldemon666: posts small blind 15
    drh19761: posts big blind 30
    Dealt to JoshWayne88 [Ah,Kh]
    JoshWayne88: raises to 60
    fastkris: folds
    DooieHoer: calls 60
    ShiceT: folds
    yodaofpoker: folds
    souldemon666: folds
    drh19761: calls 30
    *** FLOP *** [Ks,2h,As]
    drh19761: bets 98
    JoshWayne88: raises to 375
    DooieHoer: calls 375
    drh19761: calls 277
    *** TURN *** [5h]
    drh19761: checks
    JoshWayne88: bets 660
    DooieHoer: calls 660
    drh19761: folds
    *** RIVER *** [5d]
    JoshWayne88: bets 235
    DooieHoer: raises to 470
    JoshWayne88: is all in 200
    DooieHoer: returns uncalled bet 35
    DooieHoer: shows [5s 8s]
    JoshWayne88: shows [Ah Kh]
    ***SHOW DOWN***
    DooieHoer wins 3,510 with Three of a Kind Fives
    JoshWayne88 finished 23 out of 27 players.

Dealer: Seat 5
    Player left the table

PokerOwned Pro
    Hmmm...I dunno. There's donks and then there's donks. This isn't even really a horrible beat.

He's got twice your chips; even if he loses he's alive.

You raise from utg which more or less tells a LAG player that you may have a hand you cannot fold no matter the flop. Remember, a lot of fools in these tourneys fall in love with red AA on a 89Ts board. Knowing this means his implied odds are improved.

You min-raised. I realize your position tells more about your hand than the bet size, but you are essentially begging the freeroll-style player to take a shot. Factor in the previous point and this becomes low hanging fruit.

The BB calls, then bets out a weak post-oak-ish bet, which you promptly raise. If you look at the effective stacks, the VILLAIN here is getting the odds he needs to look for a flush. He has to know at this point that he is facing a hand stronger than one-pair, likely two pair, and possibly a set. Many fools will pay his flush off with those hands.

Turn brings him a pair and flush draw. There really aren't that many hands that have him absolutely crushed, and you are clearly not folding at this point no matter what.

River pairs the board, and you have two pair. If that doesn't shrink your aggression, I dunno what to tell you. You've built a pot that you can't escape, and by that river raise you have to know you're in trouble...and you still call.

I suppose in these tourneys you're going to be facing Ax (including A2) and missed flushes often enough...but honestly, after the flop it appears he's willing to see what happens. When the 5 hits, the only hands that call you are those with the chance to beat you. Not sayin you could've avoided losing chips, but why min-raise pre if you're going to let the pot size get out of hand anyway? Either play smallball or go long, but mixing styles in the same hand can have disastrous results.

Since your opponent isnt in the blinds you can clearly see what a donk he is for calling the blinds let alone calling a raise(no matter the size) with 8 5 suited. it just amazes me the bingo style that works now a days. Not only does he have no business in that pot to begin with, hes not even playing a one or two gapper. Sure after the flop hes not folding his draw but the mentality preflop is pure slot lever puller...
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Well, I can see how it happened. I'd have to agree with Haversham, I've seen worse. I'm not saying it was a good call down, but it isn't like there was any huge raises pre-flop and he did flop the flush draw. I'm not making excuses for him. I'm just saying, I've seen worse.

at least its a freeroll. ive seen some horrible things live and for real cash

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by FinishingLast View Post
    Well, I can see how it happened. I'd have to agree with Haversham, I've seen worse. I'm not saying it was a good call down, but it isn't like there was any huge raises pre-flop and he did flop the flush draw. I'm not making excuses for him. I'm just saying, I've seen worse.
    It was a freeroll, so you couldn't expect excellent play. Besides, he was sticking around with his flush draw.

PokerOwned Master
    flush draw to the death... not really that bad a beat at all

PokerOwned Master
    you should maybe look at your own play. A min raise UTG that deep is pretty odd. And its hardly a bad beat.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Well it seem there are all kinds of donkers around. You just have to avoid them.

major major major donkk alert alert alert!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast