Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70478.42

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zab

You have spoken, now I am listening

Ok.. People in default are playing in client tournaments.. It sucks they won't pay their debts so how do we fix it.

Before we start, I have to say that the Client and PokerOwned are 2 separate pieces of software so there are limitations to what I can and cannot do.

Now, I don't want to block the client, because then you might not ever get paid and it will encourage people to just make new accounts, or try to. Since all of our tournaments are basically on there right now, what's the solution.

People just hide their points on the client.

So, here's my proposal..

If you are in default, I'll tax you 20 points to log into the client.
    If your points are stuck in the client, I'll let you withdraw but not deposit.

Thoughts?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I think the main issue is people in default hiding their points in client. If you could somehow make it so people in default couldnt deposit/hide their points in client then I think that would be a huge help.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I think the main issue is people in default hiding their points in client. If you could somehow make it so people in default couldnt deposit/hide their points in client then I think that would be a huge help.
    If they are taxed every time they use the client, they will be forced to pull out 20 points to pay the tax..

Do that a few times a day it adds up
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Okay so if you do the 20 pt. tax, where do those 20 pts go? To the Insurance pool?

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Okay so if you do the 20 pt. tax, where do those 20 pts go? To the Insurance pool?
    To the person they owe (Like we did on the coupon tax)

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    To the person they owe (Like we did on the coupon tax)
    That is actually a good idea and it does build up, before I realized what was going on with one of my loans I was wondering why the person kept sending me a dumb amount, then I realized it was the tax as he was playing the games.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Yea that would be good if u block them from depositing into client

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    If they are taxed every time they use the client, they will be forced to pull out 20 points to pay the tax..

Do that a few times a day it adds up
    Agreed, it will add up. There's one defaulter in general who will not acknowledge the person he owes or any mods at all while in the client tournys. Yet he does join the majority of them daily so if he's paying 80-100 pts a day it's better than zero. Not gonna lie though, I would like the idea of him not being able to play whatsoever due to his total disrespect, and lack of pride....but for those owed, Zab's idea makes the best sense.

1st off, TY for addressing what I feel is one of the most controversial issues on site, and would not doubt it has given members pause about continuing here, fixing this is a HUGE benefit to gaining member trust

I'll think about his if I come up with anything I'll mention it (my tactics on my site were obv a bit more harsh then would be acceptable here, so gotta think less bannaments, more create hassle so member wants to pay loan faster)

The withdraw without deposit is a good idea (provided market/loan is not allowed and redeems are blocked). I also think some way to implement a restriction of whatever cashed in a freeroll is HEAVILY taxed (like min 50% but they get buyin back at minimum), with the taxed winnings going to their default loan (wouldn't effect ring obv, but at least they aren't playing in site freeroll while in debt to a member without a penalty) Point system allows a forced hand with paybacks so I don't see why allow them to roam free with defaults while they can still use points. If this disrupts the free market concept of points (which I disagree with, yea its currency, but its not, but thats imo), then perhaps a site implemented interest gets tacked on to w/e interest they already have to pay, really make it -ev to stay in debt.

Another thing, I think if a member is in default, the loaning member should be able to request an audit from staff on the client points the defaulter has, h/e that can be implemented (staff gain visibility of the members poker client launch page would be easiest option i think). This would allow you to determine if they really are short on points to pay, or if they are deliberately hiding points, thus making any banning/restriction choice easier to make
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Zab
    I also think some way to implement a restriction of whatever cashed in a freeroll is HEAVILY taxed (like min 50% but they get buyin back at minimum)

This I cant do

Another thing, I think if a member is in default, the loaning member should be able to request an audit from staff on the client points

This I think I can do

BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS...

Force Withdrawal - The person that you are in default to (Like Debt Collection) can look to see your balance. If you are in debt to them, they can force a withdrawal.. Then they can debt collect.

PROBLEM SOLVED?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast