Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64123.59

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some new PO upgrade ideas

Just seeing if there's any interest in any of these ideas:

1. We have a lot of new members either asking questions that already have answers in the FAQs or create a lot of meaningless threads that are duplicates (or just drivel) - how about a new user tutorial/wizard (not a faq) that walks people through the site and shows how to accomplish basic tasks for points (a video, step-by-step pages, etc.). At the end of it, you can provide an optional quiz for PO points (thereby providing incentive) to get someone started.

2. Centralize everything in the wall of scams/default list/feedback into one spot so if you need to research a member you can - with the amount of controversy we've had lately it seems like that should be 1 click away. Maybe a tab in the user's profile?

3. A modification on the current LLB system (az I have you in mind for this) - either an option to let 2nd place get some prize (only on unlimited entry LLBs - maybe their pts back/double the pts) or the ability to chop for the top 2. Seems a little dicey to program, but maybe there's interest in it.

4. This one Zab mentioned briefly, but thought it was a good idea - for tasks over x amount of pts (you'd think it would have to be at least 100 ) and new, the "follow the leader" approach where the person who finds the task gets a cut for everyone who completes it subsequently.

5. Other forums have special tournaments for people that meet certain criteria - forum posts, tournaments played, etc. I know we have the WSOPO, but going back to the "rotating site of the month" idea, maybe a monthly tournament on a different site based on some kind of loyalty/reward system.

PokerOwned Pro
    A lot of good ideas. The one click to find out about a member seems very useful.

PokerOwned Master
    maybe a instant 25 points per day(without need post meaningless).
    a bonus for 5 points for the thread reply (3 per day)manking some meaning.

PokerOwned Pro
    checking into the site daily should get some reward.

PokerOwned Pro
    monthly membership to po access to all tournaments and a set amt of points to play client would be very beneficial for those of us who have lives

PAY OFF YOUR LOAN!! dudemanstan's Avatar
    This all sounds good to me. thanks for the thread.

PokerOwned Veteran
    some decent ideas-

I think it would be nice for PO to have 1 freeroll tourney a month that can be open to everyone-- 1 on each of the poker sites possibly?

and I am trying to learn some of this stuff around here and some of the things under "Trade Center" can get confusing-- I can figure it out, but I can see how someone else may say I dont get it...

also is everything not under promotions? I mean all the "upgrades"? I noticed the back2back promo is on the main page and so is a high hand promo, but they are not found under the drop down list--

It makes me wonder what else is hidden in this site?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    hope to see more bovada freeroll and seems site is improving seems nice post

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    Just seeing if there's any interest in any of these ideas:

1. We have a lot of new members either asking questions that already have answers in the FAQs or create a lot of meaningless threads that are duplicates (or just drivel) - how about a new user tutorial/wizard (not a faq) that walks people through the site and shows how to accomplish basic tasks for points (a video, step-by-step pages, etc.). At the end of it, you can provide an optional quiz for PO points (thereby providing incentive) to get someone started.
    Very good idea although a ton of people are lazy who will never look and PO will still get bombarded with questions cause when you first get here it is confusing as shit...

Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    Very good idea although a ton of people are lazy who will never look and PO will still get bombarded with questions cause when you first get here it is confusing as shit...
    I was going to say something very similar but instead of being confusing, i think most just want to be in the game they saw, so they wont take time to look thru anything.. but you have some good ideas!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast