Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62263.18

Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Just in case I posted this in the wrong place...

PO Client non-points added tourneys:

Whatup!

A while back on the PO Client page, there were options for sit and go's but I understand that most people on the site weren't using them.

Considering we have had a couple free-rolls (which are awesome) traffic has increased. Yesterday, Zab put up a Chip and a Chair Donkfest tournament which had 10 people at least starting in it.

Is there an easy way (something Zab wouldn't have to maintain daily I mean) to have scheduled tournaments? These can be points added, but until traffic increases more I would suggest not having them be points added.

I think if you placed non-point added tournaments around the same time as the free-rolls you would see a lot more people take advantage of them. When somebody gets knocked out, they generally want to play again.

Also, if we were to create scheduled tournaments with varying buy-ins (from 100 to 1000+) we would see more people take advantage of them and if they had time to plan, maybe more people would show. The sit and go's probably didn't work because with low traffic, the wait to get a game together was significant. With no money added tourney's they tourney's start regardless if there are 4 or 104 entrants and would be a fun way to learn poker while boosting your PO bankroll.

Just an idea, thanks for reading!

gefishy

Zab
    I can do that.. but before no one joined SNGs.. I can put them back online if you want
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Putting the SnG's back online would be cool but I was thinking about scheduled tournaments. Example: If we have a PO tourney (that you add points to Zab) scheuled for 1:00 then maybe at 1:30ish there could be another similar buy-in tournament with no points added. Also, the ability to have tournaments that are scheduled out so that people dont' have to sit and wait for an SnG to fill up.

Another related idea:

Considering the only way for an SnG to fill up is if everybody remains logged in to the client, could we create a thread (or something) where people could post

LOOKING FOR 6 PERSON SnG, 100 POINT BUY-IN

or something like that? that way, it could be organized away from the client and then at an agreed upon time, players would then meet together at the client to play?

ANOTHER suggestion:

Is there a way that PO members could pay a certain amount of points to have the ad removed from the client? Or is there a way for players to click on the ad and follow through or something that would have the ad removed?

I know for me personally, that ad gets in the way of my being able to see my table clearly.

Possible additional redemption option (idea):

Is there any way that you can set it up where members can exchange points for cash on say a Visa or Mastercard debit card?

I am not sure how it would work, but I have worked for companies where it is an employee benefit program. Employees get points for various positive activities and these points accumulate and can be redeemed for cash on a (corporate branded) Visa/Mastercard gift card. A cursory search didn't turn up anything right away but maybe you have more contact with another provider who could help.

The benefit to this is that this would provide an option for players to actually deposit on their favorite sites (granting them whatever deposit bonuses apply) or they can use the cash to play in real life poker tournaments or... anything they want really.

If I was going to run this on this site, I would make it cost more points/dollar than redeeming for money straight to individual poker sites as sort of a transaction cost of flexibility. That, and I am pretty sure it would cost you money to have the capability to get people these cards.

Something to think about...

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I have just joined the forum today, so perhaps it is a bit presumptuous of me to offer a suggestion so soon. However, I see one area for immediate improvement that could dramatically change the community for the better.

While reading my first few threads, I noticed a lot of spam. The reason was obvious after I discovered that points are awarded for any post over 50 characters. As a member of several other poker communities, I have found the best way to combat these nonsensical posts is to enlist the help of the members.

So, I recommend starting a thread and perhaps even sending out a Mass Message asking members to use the "report" button when they encounter obvious spam. It would require some work on the part of an administrator to deal with the reports, however the increase in the quality of the content would far outweigh the time and effort.

I might also suggest offering some nominal reward for reporting spam. Something like 3 points for the first person to report a post in the following categories (and perhaps 1 point for every other reporter before the post is removed):

Obvious Spam for Points

Ex: "Awesome! Cool. lol lol lol ... omg! omG! Poker poker poker poker!!! omg omg omg lol lol lol lol. looooool looooool ommmmmmmmgggggg !!!!"

Unrelated Post

Ex: (In a thread about 6-handed NLHE) "Did anyone see the Mavericks game last night? It was awesome until Dancin With the Stars came on and I had to change the channel. And then it was time for the new Call of Duty game.... hmmmm... wonder if I will have time for poker again any time soon..... ??? "

Posts in Languages Other Than English

Ex: "Tio, por que has tirado la mano con un proyeto del color y escalera? Tienes que aprender bien las probabilidades antes de gastar mas dinero en el poquer! Bueno, espero verte en las mesas!! jajajaja"

That is my first suggestion. I am sure I will have more to follow as i get to know the site. Keep up the good work, and may the spammers be d@mned!
    Last edited by Tiarra; 05-26-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by gefishy View Post
    Possible additional redemption option (idea):

Is there any way that you can set it up where members can exchange points for cash on say a Visa or Mastercard debit card?

I am not sure how it would work, but I have worked for companies where it is an employee benefit program. Employees get points for various positive activities and these points accumulate and can be redeemed for cash on a (corporate branded) Visa/Mastercard gift card. A cursory search didn't turn up anything right away but maybe you have more contact with another provider who could help.

The benefit to this is that this would provide an option for players to actually deposit on their favorite sites (granting them whatever deposit bonuses apply) or they can use the cash to play in real life poker tournaments or... anything they want really.

If I was going to run this on this site, I would make it cost more points/dollar than redeeming for money straight to individual poker sites as sort of a transaction cost of flexibility. That, and I am pretty sure it would cost you money to have the capability to get people these cards.

Something to think about...
    I guess I don't fully understand the concept or how it would benefit us. I cannot make the deposit FOR them on the sites (A real deposit)
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarra View Post
    I have just joined the forum today, so perhaps it is a bit presumptuous of me to offer a suggestion so soon. However, I see one area for immediate improvement that could dramatically change the community for the better.

This could work, but, we don't really have any spam anymore (As much as we used to). And threads that aren't in English are usually deleted by the mods.

This report you were talking about, was it a plugin?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    You already have it implemented here! It is that triangle with the exclamation point inside it at the bottom left-hand side of every post. My idea is to encourage the members to use it. The reward was just a brainwave, but sending out a message (about the "report" button and how and when to use it) or including it in the msg that all new members get would be a good idea too. I think most of the hard core members would report spam if encouraged to do so, even if they were not awarded points.

And I am new here, so if spam is no longer a problem, then perhaps my suggestion was presumptuous and premature. I will have a good look around before I offer up my next one.

Zab
    Ah I see it, never used it.. I'll have to research a little bit to figure out where its reported TO

Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast